Openbay is looking for a Backend Software Engineer/Developer to work on our marketplace and SaaS products. In this individual contributor role, you’ll be a key member helping to evolve our existing architecture and working to implement new features and functionality.
What You’ll Do
- Design and create services and system architecture for your projects and contribute and provide feedback to other team members.
- Write well tested code, perform code reviews, and automate manual tasks.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products.
- Work with the product team to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution.
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule.
Who We’re Looking For
The ideal candidate for this role is an individual who has a passion for getting things done and loves to create code that solves real world problems and delivers value. You’re experienced and curious and love to learn new things and challenge yourself. You want to work with smart people and have fun building something great.
Our ideal candidate has:
- 2-5 years of hands-on coding and software development.
- Strong OOP and software design knowledge – you should know how to create software that’s extensible, reusable and meets desired coding objectives.
- Experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails, and the willingness to learn new technologies.
- Experience with Linux/Unix and scripting languages like Python, Perl, shell scripting, etc.
- A track record of successfully completing projects on time and delivering on schedules and commitments.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a passion for solving head-scratching challenges.
- Able to quickly diagnose and solve code problems (StackOverflow is your friend).
- Able to work independently and within a team.
- Proven ability to learn quickly and adapt under pressure.
- Self-starter who can power through ambiguity and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or an intriguing reason for not having one.