OpenAgent is Australia’s #1 Agent Comparison Site - helping over two million Australians with their property research and assist thousands of vendors to sell their home each year. We are just getting started. We have a vision to fundamentally change how property is transacted and managed in the future.
Description of Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic Full Stack Engineer to join our engineering team and contribute to the development of new and innovative products as well as the maintenance and enhancement of existing products. The role will contribute significantly to sustain our solutions to meet the demands of existing and future business growth. Reporting to the Engineering Lead, the role will also work cross-functionally with our product and content teams to understand business requirements and priorities to be able to work effectively and collaboratively to deliver successful products.
As part of this role, you will
- Understand modern development practices and principles.
- Have knowledge of different web technologies.
- Being a self-motivated team player who continually tries to improve technical skills.
- Have the ability to effectively navigate, identify and resolve issues
- Contribute and ensure we deliver high-quality solutions.
- Have an opportunity to work in an agile environment that is focused on delivering amazing technical solutions.
- Dealing with multiple tasks and projects.
- Solving problems quickly and accurately
- Showing creativity and interest in coming up with new ideas that improve our products and move our solutions forward.
- Interact with a team of experienced and talented people, offering guidance and recommendations for technical decision making.
- Collaborate with the test team to validate and verify the quality of the solutions.
- Have a committed approach to software development and a focus on quality and enthusiasm for keeping up with the latest technology and design concepts.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 3+ years experience developing web-based solutions.
- A solid background in working with the .NET Framework.
- Proficient with HTML, CSS/SCSS, tailwind framework knowledge is a plus.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs and JSON.
- University Degree within the field of Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent work experience in the software industry.
- Must be a passionate pragmatic developer.
- Demonstrate robust decision-making skills and judgement.
- Sets high individual standards for personal performance.
- Adaptable and flexible with an openness to new ideas
- Curious, humble and always wanting to learn
- Embody and champion our company values
- Australia citizen or permanent resident only.
Who are we?
We are an Australian-based team of coders, marketing analytics experts, and customer service pros. We have a bucketload of passion for the work we do which means we do more with less and hit well above our weights as one of Australia’s fastest growing companies. We
have been named as one of the Deloitte’s Tech Fast 50 for 3 years running and one of the top 50 tech pioneers of Australia.
In the last 5 years, we have gone from two co-founders working from a kitchen table to a team of 80 people. You’ll be joining a team made up of people at the top of their game, who work collaboratively to achieve some big goals.
We help thousands of people every month to improve their experiences in real estate. We bring more information, better insight and an independent voice to the property transaction, helping people sell smarter, better and faster every day.
As the people’s champion in real estate, we bring passion and analytic rigour to the biggest problems in the industry. We make a lot of things happen, we make them happen fast and as a team.
We work hard but we have fun doing it. At the end of the day, achieving big things with an awesome team is what makes this journey exciting and addictive.
We’re a startup, things moving fast, it’s exhilarating. Be ready!