As a Developer Programmer at OpenAgent you will work closely with the Product Managers, UX / UI designers and software testers to build on existing software applications and develop better quality new applications and products. You will be involved in the whole project life cycle (idea, design, development, testing, release) and use your expertise to advise were need in the direction of the project.
You will be expected to feedback on and interpret business requirement documentation and technical designs to create technical specifications; before getting your hands dirty in building and maintaining the code for the software applications OpenAgent needs for their everyday business.
- Meet with internal clients, business analysts and/or designers to understand the project scope before researching and developing technical solutions
- Interpret business requirements (which will come in the form of business specifications, flowcharts and wireframes) and suggest proposed software application solutions
- Write well structured, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Create user interfaces by using standard development practices,
- Integrate data from various existing back-end services, APIs and/or databases
- Identify technical limitations in existing solutions and applications.
- Test and debug your own code, correcting errors to ensure products & applications meet required business requirements
- Work closely with testers and keep them updated with bug fixes and scope changes.
- Write, update and maintain technical documentation, end-user documentation and operational process documents
- Develop effective and collaborative working relationships with key functional stakeholders and colleagues including the Business Analyst, Head of Development and the Development Team.
- Provide regular feedback on progress, indicating assessments of where focus or change is necessary.
- Review and provide feedback on feature and product requirements; participate in feature design reviews; ensure feature and product implementation correspond to customer expectations, requirements and specifications.
- Undertake necessary training to ensure skills are current and address project requirements.
- Implement infrastructure and process improvements that allow the team to perform tasks more efficiently or accurately.