We are looking for a talented Designer with UI experience to craft amazing user experiences through instinctive, user-centric focused design. You will be responsible for conceptualizing and delivering new feature designs and producing the required assets necessary for the implementation of those concept designs. In addition to the new feature work, you will also continuously recommend improvements for existing products.
You have hands-on experience going through the design ideation process from inception to final product, along with a graphic design skill set, and are excited to work in a highly technical, rapidly changing environment.
What you’ll be doing
- Balance product, development and user-centered goals to help design overall product experience.
- Develop storyboards, mockups and sketches to communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Assess the usability of products and make constructive suggestions for improvement.
- Collaborating with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Executing all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Conceptualizing original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Establish and promote design guidelines and standards
- Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods.
- Continually keep yourself up to date with the latest changes industry standards.
Qualities we look for
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to collaborate well on a team
- Can deliver solutions independently as well
- Able to see the big picture
- Friendliness and empathy
- Love of learning
- Technical experience with CSS & HTML
- Proven UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Experience in creating user flows, process flows and sitemaps
- Up-to-date with UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Experience with visual design and prototyping programs such as Photoshop, Sketch, or Illustrator
- Experience with user testing & research
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Interactive Design, Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, related field, or equivalent experience
- Salary: $100k - $150k
- Equity: 0.1% - 0.2%
San Mateo, CA
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at OneSignal.