We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager to guide the design and development of improvements to the OneSignal product experience, including our user dashboard, SDKs, and documentation.
Currently we’re in the process of redesigning our dashboard and several key flows for users, as well as launching some big new features. Our processes are lightweight and relatively ad-hoc given our small team size, though they will evolve to incorporate more formalized approaches as the company grows.
We’re a small, fast-growing team, and you’d be joining as the second product manager, working closely with our VP of Product, our engineers, and our clients to help build new features and improve our existing ones. Owing to our size, you’ll be expected to work in several different areas of the business including design, marketing, process refinement, support, and potentially development.
What you’ll be doing
- Working closely with a small team shipping lots of code.
- Building relationships with customers and partners, including supporting customers with product issues, writing documentation, and other customer communication where you will represent the company.
- Gathering product requirements by talking to engineers, interviewing customers, analyzing usage data, and evaluating opportunities.
- Writing user stories, creating wireframes and prototypes, communicating and consensus-building internally.
- Developing launch plans by defining milestones and roadmap for your team, scoping/prioritizing features, coordinating timing with other business activities, managing backlogs, and estimating work.
- Keeping the team on task and finding the balance of quality and speed that delivers products that are valuable, usable, and feasible.
- Taking care of all the details that lead to a successful feature launch, including reviewing engineering work, figuring out how to communicate changes to customers, updating documentation, test plans, etc.
Qualities we look for
Friendliness and empathy Humility Strong written and oral communication skills Detail-oriented and organized Ability to collaborate well on a team Can deliver solutions independently as well Love of learning
- While this isn't an engineering role, we are an engineering-driven startup and we're looking for PMs comfortable with technical topics.
- 2+ years of experience in product management role working with software engineers.
- Proven history of shipping and managing products with cross-functional teams.
- Up to speed on mobile and web trends.
- Experience interviewing and communicating with customers.
- Experience using github, design tools, and data analysis tools.
- Previous PM experience building enterprise software platforms or consumer apps.
- Previous early- to mid-stage startup experience.
- Background or experience in business, UX/UI design, user research, marketing, and/or engineering.
- Experience with data analysis and understanding of where data is best used to inform decisions.
- Have built mobile apps before.
- Salary: $110k - $170k
- Equity: 0.1% - 0.35%
San Mateo, CA
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at OneSignal.