We're looking for a DevOps Engineer to help us scale the OneSignal service. An ideal candidate has experience deploying scalable systems for another SaaS product. As an early member of this team, you will have lots of opportunity to establish processes and make architectural decisions.
What you'll be doing
- Working closely with a small team to scale and improve reliability of the OneSignal service.
- Architecting scalable solutions for our ever growing dataset and heavy OLTP and OLAP workloads.
- Manage a fleet of webservers running Rails, database servers running PostgreSQL, and a handful of other servers providing Redis, OnePush, and Sidekiq job queues.
- Working with application engineers to deploy new services and improve deployment of existing services.
- Planning and testing disaster recovery scenarios.
- Figuring this out as we go along. We don't have all the answers right now, but we will do our best to figure them out together.
Qualities we look for
- Friendliness and empathy
- Proficiency in written and oral communications
- Ability to collaborate well on a team
- Can deliver solutions independently as well
- Love of learning
- Proficient with Linux system administration
- Proficient with at least one IT automation tool such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- On-the-job experience doing DevOps/SRE work
- Have scaled a web service to 20,000+ requests/second
- Experience maintaining Redis and PostgreSQL databases
- Worked with a non-relational database such as Apache Cassandra
- Deployed distributed analytical system such as Apache Spark
- Experience with PostgreSQL backup technologies like WAL-E or barman
- Have worked with container orchestration tool such as Kubernetes
- Salary: $110k - $140k
- Equity: 0.1% - 0.15%
San Mateo, CA
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at OneSignal.