OneButton has a full-time opening for a Project Manager with an interest in smart home technology design.
Who You Are
- You are a talented creative individual, passionate about defining how technology intersects and interacts with modern architecture.
- You are interested in contributing to a diverse and rapidly-growing organization.
- You are enthusiastic and approach challenges with a positive attitude and sense of urgency.
- You enjoy working in a dynamic team-oriented environment.
Who We Are
- We are a technology design firm founded by a physicist and an artist.
- We are guided by our vision for art and design and build unique challenging projects partnering with the top architecture firms in New York City and Los Angeles.
- We work in a fun open office environment that encourages and commends creativity, collaboration and exploration.
- We are a growing company with plenty of room for advancement for the right person. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Project Managers are responsible for managing all communication, documentation and coordination on a project from design to installation to ensure a seamless delivery of high-end home theater systems, home automation, lighting control, window treatments and whole house audio systems as specified on project design documentation.
- Establish and track critical milestones, timelines and contingency plans
- Conduct site visits to meet with other trades to ensure all elements of OneButton scope are being installed according to specifications
- Conduct site visits meeting with client or trades to ensure conduit, floor boxes, AC power, cable, etc. are being installed according to OneButton Drawing Set
- Maintain communication with internal operations to coordinate Design, Purchasing and Installation
- Communicate with external partners such as architects, general contractors, electricians, etc. to facilitate seamless delivery of contracted scope of the project
- Work with Installation team to identify all parts and pieces necessary for 100% complete installation including equipment, hardware, cables, tools and other installation materials
- Manage project budgets
- Engage in post-project reviews to continue to develop processes
- Must Have a C7 License
- Must be a self-starter with strong attention to details, ability to multitask while staying well organized and must have exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Understand how to create and update Gantt installation charts to track project and installation milestones and deadlines
- Strong knowledge of commercial and residential construction methods and how they affect installation of AV scope
- Ability to read and understand architectural plans and schedules
- Experience working with the installation of motorized shades, lighting control and AV systems
- Professional demeanor and presentation
Work Experience: 3-5 years of work experience as a Project Manager or Lead AV Technician or as a manager in architecture, construction, design or electrical managing cross-functional teams
Location: Please apply only if currently residing in or around the Los Angeles metro area
Benefits: Health Insurance, Competitive 401K offering