Oncora is an oncology software and data company dedicated to helping physicians and scientists collect and use real-world data to improve outcomes for cancer patients. Our products include: a workflow integrated data capture software system for radiation oncology, a data warehouse to amass real-world, regulatory-grade oncology data, a predictive model API with machine learning algorithms to power partner software, and a life sciences partner product leveraging automated medical image analysis to advance new technologies in the fight to cure cancer. We work with world-leading cancer centers such as MD Anderson and Northwell Health, and our team is mission-driven to its core.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced engineer to join our mission driven team to help develop our data platform that integrates and transforms multiple imperfect and messy data sources into clean, usable data so that we can learn from every cancer patient.
We are a small team trying to tackle a very large problem, so we need teammates that are ultimately accountable to themselves and continuously push themselves, the product and the organization forward. You will need to play a vital role in architecting, developing and operating our core data platform and help to scale it to serve additional hospitals.
What you will be doing:
- Analyzing our current state and championing ongoing improvements to accuracy, reliability, and performance
- Owning the design and documentation of data schemas to support Oncora applications, descriptive analytics, and predictive model training
- Working with Product and Engineering to define, document, and build transformations to extract intelligence from multiple incomplete and siloed data sources
- Building pipelines to de-identify and consolidate cross-institutional data to fuel predictive analytics, research, and clinical trials
- Building visibility into all aspects of our data platform (workflow status, system health, data lineage, etc.)
Things that we look for:
- Demonstrated experience independently leading complex software projects
- Experience designing and building data pipelines (real-time or batch)
- Deep understanding of data persistence technologies, relational, document, key/value, columnar, etc. (we use MongoDB, Postgres, Redis, ElasticSearch)
- Experience building asynchronous and distributed systems (we use RabbitMQ)
- Fluency with a functional or imperative language (we use Python & JS)
- A focus on writing understandable, testable, and maintainable code
- Familiarity with modern containerized environments (we use Docker & Kubernetes)
- Experience with healthcare data standards and integrations (HL7, FHIR, DICOM, etc.)
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks:
- Salary: $130k-170k plus stock options
- 401k (no match currently) and health insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Allowances: eBooks, online courses, workstation setup
- Events: Team happy hours, dinners, and lectures from oncologists, scientists, and entrepreneurs
- Work with smart, passionate people on a product that will have a direct impact on the quality of life for cancer patients
Oncora Medical is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, religious creed, disability, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.