Oncora Medical is a fast-growing, venture-backed healthtech startup in Philadelphia, PA. We are building software that is revolutionizing the way doctors treat cancer. We integrate data from existing clinical software tools, train predictive models for patient outcomes, and present the information to cancer physicians through intuitive visualizations. By personalizing each patient's treatment with big data and machine learning, we help physicians make smarter, more confident decisions in less time.
About the role:
You will help design and build the frontend of a web application that radiation oncologists will use to handle their clinical workflow and visualize machine learning predictions. We’re looking for candidates who are highly self-motivated, are passionate about improving healthcare, and excel at finding elegant solutions to complex problems.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Understanding of what makes code clean and maintainable
- Understanding of data structures and algorithmic complexity
- Experience with unit tests and documentation
- Experience with Git
- Cooperative and open-minded
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience with modern frontend tools like ES6 (and beyond), React, Redux, Flow, Webpack
- Experience with data visualization techniques and D3.js
- Experience with browser performance principles and debugging
- An eye for beautiful design
- Solid understanding of HCI and principles of good UX
- Ability to empathize and communicate with medical professionals
- Experience working with sensitive patient data in a HIPAA-compliant environment
- Experience working remotely
- 4+ years software development experience
- Willingness to do full-stack work if needed
- Experience with IaaS providers such as AWS
- Experience with databases including PostgreSQL and MongoDB
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks:
- Salary: $80-120k plus stock options
- 401k (no match currently)
- Group health and dental insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Allowances: eBooks, online courses, workstation setup
- Gym membership
- Events: happy hours, team dinners, conversations with oncologists
- You get to work with smart, passionate people on a product that will have a direct impact on the quality of life for cancer patients
Sorry, we do not offer visa sponsorships at this time.
Oncora Medical is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, religious creed, disability, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.