Oncora Medical is a fast-growing, venture-backed healthtech startup in Philadelphia, PA. We are building software that is revolutionizing the way doctors treat cancer with radiation. Our product is a data-focused clinical decision support system for radiation oncologists. We integrate data from existing clinical software tools, train predictive models of patient outcomes, and present the information to physicians through intuitive visualizations. By personalizing each patient's treatment using advanced machine learning methods, we help physicians make smarter, more confident decisions in less time.
About the role:
An engineering leader with experience in big data and healthcare. You will have overall responsibility for the output of the engineering team and the quality of our product. Your role will be very hands-on and include architecture, development, infrastructure, testing, and documentation. You will lead our existing engineering team and recruit new talent into the Oncora team. You’ll work closely with the CEO and CTO to establish product roadmaps and engineering priorities and communicate these to the team.
- Lead engineering team in crafting and developing next-generation products
- Set goals, priorities, and roadmap for product development
- Implement processes governing all aspects of software life cycle
- Work with research team to bring experimental code into production
- Provide mentorship and training to other engineers
- Provide feedback and performance evaluations
- Organize and innovate process for hiring future engineers
- Lead by example by contributing high-quality production code
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Experience building and maintaining an externally-facing web application
- Experience as a project manager or team leader
- Strong full-stack engineering experience
- Advanced knowledge of Python
- Experience with databases, including MongoDB
- Experience with cloud infrastructure technologies such as AWS
- Intimate knowledge of software development processes and best practices
- Familiarity with HIPAA and how it relates to software development and data management
- Comfortable in early-stage, dynamic, fast-growing, and resource-lean environments
- Tendency to seek simple, elegant solutions to complex problems
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks:
- Salary: $140-180k plus stock options
- 401k (no match currently)
- Group health and dental insurance
- Open vacation policy
- Allowances: eBooks, online courses, workstation setup
- Events: happy hours, team dinners, conversations with oncologists
- You get to work with smart, passionate people on a product that will have a direct impact on the quality of life for cancer patients
Sorry, we do not offer visa sponsorships at this time.
Oncora Medical is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, religious creed, disability, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.