Oncora Medical is a fast-growing, venture-backed healthtech startup in Philadelphia, PA. We are building software that is revolutionizing the way doctors treat cancer with radiation. Our product: a data-driven clinical decision support system for radiation oncologists. We integrate data from existing clinical software tools, train predictive models for patient outcomes, and present the information to physicians through intuitive visualizations. By personalizing each patient's treatment with big data and machine learning, we help physicians make smarter, more confident decisions in less time.
About the role:
Part machine learning scientist and part software engineer. Your major role will be understanding and implementing modern machine learning methods, applying them to radiation oncology data, and providing convincing evidence of their effectiveness. You’ll work with our team to build scalable learning systems and incorporate them into our application. You will also assist with Oncora's ongoing scientific research and publication efforts. We’re looking for candidates who are highly self-motivated, are passionate about improving healthcare, and excel at finding solutions to complex problems with minimal direction.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or another technical field
- Strong foundation in mathematics, probability, and statistics
- Strong foundation in programming, algorithms, and software application design
- Advanced knowledge of ML techniques such as SVMs, boosting, and deep learning
- Advanced knowledge of ML concepts such as overfitting, bias-variance tradeoff, and regularization
- Academic research experience in machine learning or a related field
- Extensive experience with Python
- Advanced knowledge of scientific/statistical computing tools such as NumPy, SciPy, Scikit-learn
- Experience with unit tests and documentation
- Experience with source control systems such as Git
- 5+ years of data science or software development experience
- Tendency to seek simple, elegant solutions to complex problems
- PhD in Computer Science or another technical field
- Experience with MongoDB or strong understanding of database theory
- Experience with cloud computing providers such as AWS
- Experience using big data tools such as Hadoop/Spark/Pig
- Experience working on large, consumer-facing software applications
- Experience working with sensitive patient data in a HIPAA-compliant environment
- Ability to communicate with medical professionals
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks:
- Salary: $100-140k plus stock options
- 401k (no match currently)
- Group health and dental insurance
- Open vacation policy
- Allowances: eBooks, online courses, workstation setup
- Events: happy hours, team dinners, conversations with oncologists
- You get to work with smart, passionate people on a product that will have a direct impact on the quality of life for cancer patients
Sorry, we do not offer visa sponsorships at this time.
Oncora Medical is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, religious creed, disability, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.