OJO Labs - Product Designer
We’re on a mission to empower people to make better decisions through the fusion of machine and human intelligence. We’re solving some of the biggest problems troubling the modern consumer experience. Through our unique, data-driven AI platform, we’ve introduced a fresh approach to the way people make important decisions. As part of our team, you’d be helping to build technologies that will significantly advance the world’s largest consumer industries, starting with home buyers in the real estate industry.
We hope to have an opportunity to meet you, learn about your experience and introduce you to the OJO team.
About the OJO Product Team
The OJO Customer Experience team is a collection of unique skills, passions and superpowers that together make us capable of defining the experience strategy and vision, then iteratively designing and teaming to build amazing cross-channel experiences for our customers. We highly value curiosity, innovative thinking, risk-taking, story-telling, measurement, analytics, and above all, a maniacal focus on our customer (the home buyer). To that end, CX Designers work very closely with the product, AI, engineering, and operations teams - collaborating with them every day to build experiences indistinguishable from magic. If you want to work in an incredibly fast paced and innovative environment, come join us!
OJO Labs is looking for a passionate and talented designer that enjoys building fresh and beautiful interfaces, helping define robust design language systems, nerding out over the latest design tools and tricks, and getting creative with others. As a Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something tangible, useful and valuable for our customers
- Design experiences and flows that are simple, intuitive and elegant
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to raise the bar for quality
- Build paper and clickable prototypes to quickly test new ideas
- Participate in usability tests, to guide design iteration
- Empathize with our customers to identify and solve for pain points in our customer experience
- Partner with product owners, engineers, strategists and researchers to oversee the user experience of a product feature
- Collaborate with engineering to find solutions and gain consensus
- Understand, help define, build and maintain component and pattern libraries
- Evangelize product design by sharing success stories, things you've learned, etc.
Required skills and experience
- Provide URL with examples of strong UI and IX design samples
- Experience in building and shipping customer-facing applications or software
- Experience using Sketch and Invision
- Naturally curious and excited to learn
- Seeks feedback, happy to iterate, and enjoys collaborating with others
- Experience designing for smartphones preferred
- 3+ years professional applied experience in R&D setting
- 2+ years professional of visual design experience
- 2+ years professional of interaction design experience
- Professional experience designing for groups of people (accessibility for people with disabilities)
As a member of Product Design at OJO Labs, you will primarily support Agile teams working on the detailed design and production of interfaces. However, we are interested in your propensity to support R&D in other ways too.
- UX research and analytics
- UX architecture: style guides and pattern documentation
- UX development: front-end framework (React)
- Experience using new design version control tools like Abstract
Who is OJO?
We are an Austin-based, early stage technology startup focused on fundamentally improving the way people make their most important decisions through the fusion of machine and human intelligence. With offices in both Austin, TX and Vieux Fort, St. Lucia, we have over 250 employees globally. We were recently named to the A-List by the Austin Chamber of Commerce and awarded Austin Inno’s “50 on Fire” award which recognizes the hottest startups in Austin. Backed by top-tier VC's and industry veterans, we have managed to hire the best technical, product and operational minds to pursue this incredible opportunity. We know we’re onto something big and every new hire we make will have a significant impact on our evolving product, team and culture.
What do we have to offer?
- You get to work with the best of the best
- A collaborative, respectful environment where your voice will always be heard
- Competitive Salaries
- Unlimited/Open PTO Policy
- Modern Downtown Austin Office
- Dog-Friendly Workplace
- Commuter Stipend or Free Parking
- 70% Coverage of Employee and Dependent Health Premiums
- Promote from Within Philosophy
- Volunteer Program
- Optimum Workspace Subsidy
- Many More – We have a whole team dedicated to making OJO an awesome place to work!