Role: Sr. DBA Role
Location: Quincy, MA
Duration: 10+ Months
Visa: USC & GC
Rate: $55 - $65/hr
Manage database security and permissions across multiple environments by applying knowledge of database management systems. Serve as technical expert for SQL Server and Oracle relational databases. Candidate must be familiar with the creation, implementation and maintenance of Oracle database objects, schemas and Fine Grain Access. Knowledge and experience with JAVA, MS SQL as well as application interfaces is essential. Improve management, deployment, capacity planning, and uptime of customer-facing mission-critical systems through better monitoring tools and self-healing automation. Drive best practices around use and troubleshooting across the engineering organization. Ensure engineers and other internal users can easily use databases to find the information they need and that the systems perform as expected. Monitor database performance and perform performance-tuning support. Ensure organizational and customer data is secure. Backup and restore data to prevent data loss. Ensure the reliability and integrity of database backups to meet business recovery point objectives. Identify user needs to create and administer databases. Ensure databases operate efficiently and without error. Make and test modifications to database structure when needed. Implement technologies to support master/slave data architecture including transactional replication and change tracking. Review and execute T-SQL\PL-SQL code submitted by various engineering team. Contribute to our internal knowledge base by documenting operational workflows and troubleshooting guides. Proactively monitor and resolve database alerts. Triage database health and performance issues and trouble shoot database outages as they occur. Automate routine DBA tasks using scripting such as PowerShell.
• Review all assigned database objects prior to deployment
• Review all scripts for accuracy and enforcing naming conventions is necessary for database consistency, functionality and application functionality
• Deployment of code/objects to all environments
• Maintain and enhance interfaces
• Assist with and maintain Meditech Data Repository
• Assist with DDS MS SQL Servers and objects
• Clearly communicate and/or escalate to their supervisor any IT operations issues or disruptions (planned or unplanned) to minimize user impact.
• Work collaboratively with internal and external groups in a team environment to improve overall customer service and support.
• Utilize resources available through EOHHS and other sources for assistance with problem resolution.
• Responsible for timely response and support during scheduled and authorized non-business hours to insure continuity of services to the network environment.
• Participate in team meetings as required
• Assist with site specific projects as related to infrastructure & server support
• Assist with local backup and restore process
• After hours support as authorized and required
• Responsible to perform other related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Five (5) years in each of the following:
• Supporting an SQL Server transactional replication environment
• Microsoft PowerShell to automate DBA functions
• Collecting, monitoring, and analyzing SQL Server systems performance data
• Implementing HA and DR solutions available within SQL Server using AGs, FCIs, or log shipping.
• Working on cross-functional teams on projects including server migrations, version upgrades, or shared development environment refreshers
• Hands-on demonstrable experience using T-SQL
• Knowledge of hardware and Microsoft operating systems through current version
• Experience supporting MS Office Suite
• Experience working with Oracle, JAVA, TOAD
• Experience working with MS SQL Server, SQL Server troubleshooting
• Knowledge of IT industry standards.
• Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of professional writing and communication methods. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to understand the laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures, standards and guidelines governing all EOHHS activities. Knowledge and experience with basic security measures and requirements
• Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle
• SQL Server performance tuning methodologies
• Optimizing SQL Server database code
• Data structures, algorithms, programming/scripting languages, or relational database design and concepts.
Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or a directly related field plus five (5) years of experience as a hands-on SQL Server Database Administrator or similar role.