Odyssey Therapeutics is a venture-backed startup that is expanding rapidly and looking to hire passionate people who are ready to grow with us as we scale. We’re seeking a Machine Learning Engineer / Senior Machine Learning Engineer who is excited to be part of a research team working to develop novel therapeutics focused on cancer and autoimmune diseases.
Who you are:
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in computer science, statistics, mathematics, physics, engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Resourceful, confident, and independent
- Incredible organizational skills and an ability to prioritize on and independently complete tasks
- Experience in one or more modern general purpose programming languages (e.g. C++, Python, Scala)
- Experience building productionized machine learning systems(e.g. readable, reproducible, with appropriate unit tests, and written with modern software design principles in mind)
What you’ll do:
- Develop innovative solutions to analyze biological data sets
- Build state of the art machine learning models to make inferences about the human immune system
- Work closely with bench scientists to help design studies that produce relevant data
- Publish and present your work at ML conferences and in prominent journals
What you’ve done:
- Experience with at least one modern Deep Neural Network package: Tensorflow, Theano, Keras, Pytorch.
- Experience with Bayesian optimization of other black-box techniques
- Experience working with biological data sets (e.g. DNA, RNASeq, Mass Spec.)
- Experience working with data pipelines (e.g. Airflow, Luigi, etc.)
- Experience with Bayesian Optimization techniques
- Proven track record of effective collaboration and communication in a cross-functional environment
- Authorized to work in the United States
What you’ll get:
- Health insurance
- Pre-tax benefits: FSA and Commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO: We don’t believe in a defined amount of PTO. Get your work done and get outside! We offer 13 company holidays and ask our employees to take a minimum of 10 PTO days/year.
- Flexible work hours and casual dress
- Regular team lunches
- A workspace located in the heart of downtown San Francisco in SoMa
- A team of friendly, caring, and brilliant individuals who are invested in your growth, success, and happiness
- The opportunity to make a dent in the universe
With your application please include:
- A link to some code on github/bitbucket that you’re proud of.