Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Oddball believes that the best products are built when teams understand and value the things they are working on. We value learning and growth and the ability to make a big impact at a small company. We believe that we can make big changes happen and improve the daily lives of millions of people by bringing quality software to the federal and commercial space.
As a Site Reliability Engineer on our VA API program, you'll be responsible for guiding and implementing modern DevOps practices across VA. You'll work with various contacts at the agency, including Digital Service at VA and the CTO's office, to identify opportunities for improvement. You'll help product teams incorporate new tools and practices into their everyday development and operations. You’ll quickly identify the sweet spot of how to intervene with an existing system and what technologies to bring to bear.
What You’ll Do:
- Help VA product teams adopt current DevOps practices.
- Identify the right mix of monitoring, alerting, automation and other tools for specific situations.
- Perform a mix of consulting, guidance, and hands-on implementation to get new tools and practices in place.
- Communicate and collaborate with professionalism and empathy.
- Feed what you learn from SRE engagements back into the VA API program
- Help identify strategic integration opportunities between VA systems and the API platform.
- Work with the VA API internal infrastructure team to ensure that our own systems and practices are best-in-class at VA.
- Use the VA API platform infrastructure as a proving ground for the adoption of new tools at VA.
What You’ll Bring
- A proven track record as a Senior Software Engineer or above with experience in supporting or operating production systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills directed at both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Comfort with managing multiple ongoing engagements and parallel work streams.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of languages, tools, and technology stacks.
- Capable of taking direction from senior VA leadership and translating into concrete next steps and actions.
This is a Remote position. This is a salaried role. Oddball does offer tech, and a continuing education stipend.