Octopart is looking for a Director of Operations, Part Data to organize, consolidate, and expand electronic part data initiatives at Octopart and our parent company, Altium. The relevant part data includes the electro-mechanical properties of parts, supply chain data, CAD models, and other important product content.
The Director of Operations, Part Data reports directly to the Head of Octopart and is a core member of the Octopart leadership team.
We’re an entrepreneurial and supportive company whose employees genuinely enjoy working together to overcome interesting challenges.
Job responsibilities include:
- Work with stakeholders across several business units to define, implement, and lead a comprehensive electronic part data strategy
- Lead Octopart’s consolidation of disparate electronic part data silos across Altium
- Define, implement, and lead new electronic part data collection operations
- Lead a global team responsible for electronic part data management
- Stay current on latest product data management trends and advancements in the electronic component industry
What we're looking for:
- 6+ years of leadership experience in operations, product management, or other relevant field.
- Extremely comfortable in cross-group collaboration. Demonstrable history of being able to influence across organizations using quantitative and qualitative support and leveraging your strong interpersonal skills.
- Eagerness to dive quickly into understanding electronic parts, as well as electronic design and manufacturing workflows.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Can communicate effectively both externally and internally, to people with or without technical expertise.
- A motivating leader who believes deeply in our mission and vision.
- Based in New York City or willingness to relocate
- Electrical engineering experience or experience in the electronics industry
- Experience in any of the following areas: CAD, Product Data Management (PDM), Product Information Management (PIM), Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Bill of Materials (BOM) management
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.