As a backend engineer, you’ll be key to the design, implementation, and maintenance of our enterprise software solution. You are expected to exemplify exceptional coding standards, utilize relevant tools and platforms, and aid in establishing best practices for the backend team. You will require the ability to work deeply on a particular product component, and more broadly across several aspects of the system.
Specifically, you’re someone who will:
- Contribute to the design and development of key server-side features and components
- Designing and building components from the ground up
- Utilize micro-services and clean API design to create usable interfaces
- Contribute to an architecture that anticipates large deployments and can handle scale
- Triage bugs, track software defects, and ensure timely resolution and communication
- Maintain high technical and development standards, always looking to improve quality, performance, and feature-sets
- Enjoys the startup life and is willing to live/relocate to balmy Southern California
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in computer science OR related field of study
- 3+ years experience in software development shipping production code
- Experience working on backend systems at scale, using technologies like Go, Python, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Apache Spark, (or previous experience with C++ / Java)
- Experience engineering SaaS and Cloud Architectures
- Experience with network programming and distributed systems (Sockets, Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Experience with Linux, containers and virtual machines
- Strong communication skills to be used across engineering, product, and other functional teams
- Data Science and/or Cyber Security knowledge a strong plus
- Strong written and oral skills (in English)
At Obsidian, we value diversity and freethinkers and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to submit satisfactory proof of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States.
Note to all recruitment agencies: Obsidian does not accept applicant resumes from any agency with whom Obsidian does not have a written agreement. Obsidian is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a written agreement with Obsidian.