As a UX engineer, you’ll be building what our customers see and experience. You should have a strong interest in design and attention to detail. This is role is rooted in engineering but working with and contributing to Obsidian’s product design.
Specifically, you’re someone who will:
- Contribute to the design and development of key customer-facing features and components
- Design and build components from the ground up
- Utilize clean API design to create usable interfaces and extensible modules
- Contribute to an architecture that anticipates large deployments and can handle scale
- Triage bugs, track software defects, and ensure timely resolution and communication
- Maintain high technical and development standards, always looking to improve quality, performance, and feature-sets
- Thrives in early-stage environments and is willing to live/relocate to balmy Southern California
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in computer science OR related field of study
- Understanding of user-centered design, progressive enhancement, accessibility, responsive design, and website performance
- Proficient with prototyping, JSON, D3, and React
- You’re enthusiastic about building web applications using the latest standards-based approaches
- You’re skilled in building responsive, scalable, and highly performant experiences
- A passion for well-crafted UI and UX
- Experience translating designs and making it functional through neat code and execution
- Interest in latest front-end technologies, especially React
- Interest in data-driven software and human-computer interaction
- Strong communication skills to be used across engineering, product, and other functional teams
- Data Science and/or Cyber Security knowledge a strong plus
- Strong written and oral skills (in English)
If you enjoy the sunshine and beautiful beaches of Southern California, come join us in our Newport Beach office as a UX Engineer! However, we understand that rock stars are everywhere and are happy to discuss a remote role for you.
At Obsidian, we value diversity and freethinkers and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to submit satisfactory proof of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States.
Note to all recruitment agencies: Obsidian does not accept applicant resumes from any agency with whom Obsidian does not have a written agreement. Obsidian is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a written agreement with Obsidian.