Obsidian is seeking expert researchers to tackle a variety of problems that impact the bleeding edge of machine learning and artificial intelligence, with a focus on applications in computer security. We’re developing a team by drawing from the research fields in statistics, computer science, mathematics and related fields to help us achieve these goals.
At Obsidian, our research team is at the core of our business. You will be part of a highly visible, agile, team working on critical problems that directly affect the company’s success. Our researchers regularly appear at various global conferences and are some of the most sought-after thought leaders in the security industry. As part of the research group, you will leverage your problem-solving and analytical skills to further our capabilities, as well as publish and present new and novel research.
Specifically, you’re someone who:
- Wants to build and develop intellectual property through the research and implementation of new approaches in machine learning
- Approaches problems from an adversarial mindset in an effort to circumvent prediction systems
- Works with internal product and engineering teams to drive development of new products
- Has the capability to translate and implement newly published research on specific datasets and problems to validate approaches and
- Has experience wrangling large data sets and applying machine learning techniques towards real product and business problems
- Invests time in research including publications, and is committed to keeping up with AI trends
- Develops working prototypes of algorithms and evaluates and compares metrics based on large, real-world data sets
- MS or Ph.D. in computer science, statistics, or applied math
- 2+ years of experience applying statistical/ML algorithms and techniques to real-world data
- Familiar with programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Perl or Python
- Designs scalable processes to collect, manipulate, present, and analyze large datasets in a production-ready environment
- Experience with large volumes of data, algorithms, and prototyping
- Strong written and oral skills (in English)
At Obsidian, we value diversity and freethinkers and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to submit satisfactory proof of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States.
Note to all recruitment agencies: Obsidian does not accept applicant resumes from any agency with whom Obsidian does not have a written agreement. Obsidian is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a written agreement with Obsidian.