Obsidian is seeking expert researchers to tackle a variety of problems that impact the bleeding edge of machine learning and artificial intelligence, with a focus on applications in computer security. We’re developing a team by drawing from the research fields in statistics, computer science, mathematics and related fields to help us achieve these goals.
At Obsidian, our research team is at the core of our business. You will be part of a highly visible, agile team working on critical problems that directly affect the company’s success. Our researchers regularly appear at various global conferences and are some of the most sought-after thought leaders in the security industry. As part of the research group, you will leverage your problem-solving and analytical skills to further our capabilities, as well as publish and present new and novel research.
Specifically, you’re someone who will:
- Experiment with new security automation, analysis, & visualization techniques
- Is experienced wrangling large volumes of security data
- Model attacker goals, behaviors, and attacks
- Approach problems from an adversarial mindset in an effort to circumvent prediction systems
- Experience as a security analyst in a SOC/IR setting
- Innovation in security practices, such as through making automation tools, data analyses, or working in a hunt team
- Experience analyzing large datasets spanning multiple security layers, including packet, netflow, and EDR data
- Experience using, and applying data from threat intelligence and security analysis tools and APIs
At Obsidian, we value diversity and freethinkers and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to submit satisfactory proof of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States.
Note to all recruitment agencies: Obsidian does not accept applicant resumes from any agency with whom Obsidian does not have a written agreement. Obsidian is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a written agreement with Obsidian.