Associate Creative Director Job Responsibilities
As a creative leader, you will be in client-facing presentations and be responsible for planning and scoping creative efforts in collaboration with client services partners. You will help develop and evangelize a comprehensive digital strategy that delivers engaging brand experiences and meets business and end-user goals. As a main point of contact with clients you will help lead the work of multi-disciplinary Digital Experience design teams. You will elevate work they produce together and look for ways to collaborate more efficiently within an Agile/Scrum model. You will work directly with the Creative Director and build client relationships, consult and recommend solutions, guide processes and help oversee design teams of 2-7 designers. You will expertly present work to Director and Executive-level stakeholders, evidencing the rationale for the team’s design thinking and selling in new services. This position reports directly to the Creative Director in the Digital Experience Practice.
Experience Design Lead Job Duties
- Help lead kickoff meetings with clients to build rapport, gain confidence, align on key goals and success factors, gather requirements and kick start experience design work streams.
- Guide user research, analysis and other considerations that factor into a clients’ digital experience or brand strategy or to inform digital product or service design.
- Seamlessly translate client business needs into good design requirements that factor technology, financial, and content constraints into a holistic experience strategy and help build a full design system.
- Be a catalyst for enterprise-wide digital transformation.
- Guide the approach, methods and resources to deliver great client work.
- Facilitate day-to-day design sessions using iterative design techniques to synthesize research findings, technical constraints, financials, client inputs and other feedback into an informed experience strategy and associated design.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communications skills.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job position.
Experience Design Lead Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Design or a related field or related experience
- 7+ years experience providing strategic brand and creative direction to top-tier clients, preferably well-known brands and at least 3 years in a client-facing role
- Experience as an individual practitioner in the field of UX, Design or both with a portfolio showing work directly authored and/or led. Work in web, native, hybrid and progressive, a plus.
- Experience leading, managing and mentoring junior creatives and effectively managing team project work with aggressive timelines
- Independent, self-starter who prioritizes and drives design deliverables to execution while leading a team
- Experience with design systems and atomic design principles
- Ability to work in a flexible or remote environment, deal with uncertainty, and travel with notice (up to 20-40%) when necessary.
- Proficiencies with Sketch, Invision, Slack, JIRA, Creative Cloud and comparable modern tools
- Familiar working in SaaS tools like Trello, JIRA, Confluence, Slack, and virtual meeting solutions.
- eCommerce background a plus
- High collaboration personality
Please also submit a link to your portfolio of work.