Senior Product Designer
As a Senior Product Designer you will leverage your knowledge of user-centered design principles, commerce and design best practices to produce high-quality product designs — from concept to execution — across commerce platforms. You’ll collaborate with product, UX, UI and writers to constantly refine our clients’ design language and create innovative, high performing products people love to use.
Daily expectations for this role.
- Be a catalyst for enterprise-wide digital design transformation
- Lead client meetings and deliver presentations; building rapport and establishing credibility with every interaction to gain client confidence
- Create product designs with supporting evidence and rationale
- Conduct design reviews internally, and with clients
- Facilitate design sessions presenting work for feedback/approval
- Deliver design in a timely and organized fashion; Manage multiple assignments at the same time (organizing and prioritizing personal workload in coordination with the work load of others as necessary) in high pressure, deadline-driven environments
- Troubleshoot design issues with developers and QA engineers
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product Owners, Technology, and Research to drive world-class product designs
- Contribute quality designs and prototypes for client products
- Execute design in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment
- Ensure design artifacts are available to Product and Technology in a timely manner (e.g. visual design comps, assets slices, illustrations or prototypes etc.)
- Develop custom, high-fidelity, high-quality design work
- Critique client and team UX/UI work with careful attention to design best practices, accessibility guidelines, commerce best practices, readability, usability and brand standards etc.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to your position
- Collaborate with designers to develop insights about user behavior, commerce patterns and brand to generate innovative product ideas
Skills and qualifications:
- 5+ years experience managing and leading in cross-functional software development environments
- 5+ years designing for commerce
- 5+ years experience designing products and experiences for medium to large brands
- 3+ years experience creating NEW, branded designs, as well as experience extending existing design systems
- 1+ years experience working in an integrated model where UI/UX is part of agile and lean methods
- Proficiency with modern design tools (e.g. Sketch, Zeplin, InVision, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to think at a high level about product design and brand vision (not just 'how it looks'')
- Knowledge of accessibility as it pertains to design and interaction
- A portfolio featuring examples of both visual and interaction work
- Demonstrated ability to provide rationale for design work
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methods for user research, including A/B testing framework, a plus
Please also submit a link to your portfolio of work.