Nyriad Ltd is looking for an experienced Senior Security Engineer to join our team!
If you're interested in working in a high-growth, deep technology company with growth ambitions rarely seen outside of Silicon Valley, this is the place for you.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Our team is looking for a Security Engineer/Architect, who will straddle the worlds of cutting edge information technology and a business that is at the forefront of innovative storage explosive growth. You will understand the technical risks of the Linux/OS environment, translate these to business risk, and determine development and test solutions to mitigate the risk to maintain security.
Based in Cambridge, New Zealand, we are a fast growing software company building a cutting edge solution using GPU’s to tackle the world’s increasing need for data storage and processing. As the first commercial spin-out from the world’s largest IT project, the Square Kilometre Array, by 2025 our technology will be instrumental in processing data sets more than 5 x the Internet.
On our journey towards real-time data fusion at exascale, we’re creating a Platform as a Service (PaaS) to revolutionize modern data fabrics by reducing global storage, energy and compute costs by over 50%. Through our cryptographically auditable framework, we are also enabling unprecedented levels of digital security and data accountability.
Globally-focused and mission-driven, our relationships span across the globe to a wide range of market sectors including Telecommunications, Governments, Science, Health and IT. We have a growing list of IT innovators and legacy leaders interested in working with our technology to address global data demands.
We have a passionate leadership team supported by a high-performance board of directors and advisors. We are now looking for more talented people to help shape ideas and contribute to our technology journey.
In this role you will direct the security engineering aspects by supporting the implementation and verification of products which focus on CPU/GPU accelerated compute. You will analyse complex innovative use cases and/or requirements and recommend/develop security solutions and verification mechanisms.
- Direct the development of team members, contributing to security studies, designs, audits, proposals and customer requests
- Manage relationships with customers and vendors to conduct security research, testing and support the product managers and product owners to define statement(s) of work, as well as build project timelines and security technical architecture
- Provide high level technical security related engineering support at the embedded, system and enterprise level
- Ensure all internal applications are reviewed for secure coding practices
- Lead risk assessments, identify and implement mitigations for our development applications and systems
- Act as security subject matter data/compute architect, ensuring that sensitive data remains protected
- Address design issues of current and future applications or technologies
- Review business logic to identify flaws and provide solutions to mitigate them
- Work with the Development and QA teams to ensure that security testing objectives are met
- Develop and manage the Security software development lifecycle process and ensure that security risk and compliance objectives are addressed.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- A Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering or a related field.
- Prior experience as a senior software developer, ideally with a good working knowledge of C/C++, Python or Cuda
- 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following roles - Application Architect, System Architect, Software Developer, Software Security Consultant
- A solid understanding of security concepts and architectural principles around authentication, authorization, session management, configuration management, data handling and cryptography
- A proven track record of providing solutions to and leading numerous security vulnerability remediation activities
- Experience with application development and infrastructure security testing both manually and automated (commercial or open source)
- Clearly and concisely communicate security vulnerabilities at multiple levels; technically to developers and QA, and at the business risk level to senior management
- Specific experience in dynamic application security testing techniques and tools
- Experience working with Security Testing like SAST, DAST or SCA
- An excellent understanding of networking and operating system concepts and technologies
- Prior experience working in a highly regulated environment
- You are skilled at root cause analysis and detail driven to understand the vulnerability and remove the risk
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU IDEAL
- An understanding of Computer Storage Systems is highly desirable
- Prior Experience implementing algorithms or cryptography
- Knowledge of storage cloud environment, linux application platforms
We know this is a long list of requirements - if you have some but not all of the skills, please reach out to us to determine your fit
All Nyriad staff will be provided with breakfast and dinner should you need to work late - free snacks and coffee are also part of the deal! We also provide many health and fitness opportunities which our staff are welcome to take part in. You can learn more about our company at Nyriad.com