If you’re a C++ enthusiast with deep knowledge of Linux and SDLC we should be talking to you!
Nyriad Ltd. is looking for Senior Software Developers to join our team!
If you're interested in working at a high-growth, deep technology company with growth ambitions rarely seen outside of Silicon Valley, this is the place for you. As a senior software developer at Nyriad, you will work within an Agile-team of like-minded engineers.
Nyriad is a fast-growing software technology company based in Cambridge, NZ. We are the first commercial spin-out of the Square Kilometre Array, the world’s largest radio telescope and the next mega-science project. Nyriad develops storage-processing technology to enable data processing and storage on volumes of data beyond the scale of today’s internet, and is now working with technology giants like Nvidia and Microsemi to commercialise it.
CERN and the LHC gave birth to the world wide web and changed the world of computing. We believe the technology we developed for the SKA will enable a similar paradigm shift in how we use computers and people interact with information.
- Planning and producing high quality, robust, functional software from inception-to-completion
- Designing software architecture for a variety of projects using CPU software development languages - C++/Linux
- Effectively contributing to all activities over the Software Development Life Cycle
- Driving collaboration and communication with clients and engineering teams
- Mentoring and supervising a team of software developers
- Development within a complex Linux architectural environment
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong collaborative skills
- The ability to work under project deadlines and associated cost and schedule constraints
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- A BSc in Computer Sciences or equivalent
- 8+ years experience as a Software Developer
- Linux Kernel and device driver development
- Data center, and storage concepts
- Designing software using methods such as UML
- Test-driven development for automated functional and unit testing
- Applying good SDLC practices within an Agile environment
- Systems, Storage Systems, GPU and parallel processing techniques, databases, and SQL
- Jenkins, Docker, Vagrant, and Kubernetes technologies.
- A good understanding of multi-threaded environments and network principles
- Experience in C/C++/CUDA/Python
- Experience in GPU software development
We realise this is a long list of requirements - if you have some but not all of the skills, please reach out to us to determine your fit
As a senior developer, you will participate in our engineering onboarding program. The onboarding program will bring you up to speed on Nyriad's technology and introduce you to the skills you need to function in an agile, self-managing engineering organization with ambitious business and technical objectives. The way we onboard new staff is also a very important pillar in our company culture, it's our way of saying - welcome to the Nyriad team!
All Nyriad staff will be provided with breakfast and dinner should you need to work late - free snacks and coffee are also part of the deal! We also provide many health and fitness opportunities which our staff are welcome to take part in. You can learn more about our company at Nyriad.com
You must have the right to work in NZ to be considered