Are you a Senior Test Engineer who loves testing & delivering technology solutions at enterprise level? - If you are, we should be talking to you!
If you're interested in working at a high-growth, deep technology company with growth ambitions rarely seen outside of Silicon Valley, this is the place for you. As a Senior Test Engineer at Nyriad, you will work within an Agile QA team of like-minded engineers.
Based in Cambridge, New Zealand, we are a fast growing software company building a cutting edge solution using GPU’s to tackle the world’s increasing need for data storage and processing. As the first commercial spin-out from the world’s largest IT project, the Square Kilometre Array, by 2025 our technology will be instrumental in processing data sets more than 5 x the Internet.
On our journey towards real-time data fusion at exascale, we’re creating a Platform as a Service (PaaS) to revolutionize modern data fabrics by reducing global storage, energy and compute costs by over 50%. Through our cryptographically auditable framework, we are also enabling unprecedented levels of digital security and data accountability.
Globally-focused and mission-driven, our relationships span across the globe to a wide range of market sectors including Telecommunications, Governments, Science, Health and IT. We have a growing list of IT innovators and legacy leaders interested in working with our technology to address global data demands.
We have a passionate leadership team supported by a high-performance board of directors and advisors. We are now looking for more talented people to help shape ideas and contribute to our technology journey.
Your role will entail defining, developing and implementing software verification systems, frameworks and processes while applying the Agile, Continuous Test and Integration methodologies. You’ll be responsible for development and support of automated tests at the component and system level as well as encouraging the reuse of automated tests by software engineers, and system verification engineers using common frameworks(e.g. white box and black box) and hardware . You’ll be required to develop testing metrics and reporting tools to monitor the improvement of the verification process, and document changes to these processes. Your role will also involve testing Linux embedded drivers as well as storage applications.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- A tertiary qualification in the software engineering field
- Qualification(s) in software testing (ISTQB or similar)
- Linux Kernel & device driver knowledge/testing
- Sound understanding of Linux Operating Systems, Storage Systems, GPU and parallel processing techniques, databases, and SQL
- 2+ years experience as a software engineer using C, C++, CUDA or Python ( 8+ years preferred )
- 3+ years experience in performing unit and system testing on embedded software and storage applications
- 3+ years experience in writing test plans, test procedures and test reports
- 3+ years experience in using test tools
- Working knowledge of Jira, Confluence and Jenkins
- Experience in leading teams
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU IDEAL
- Knowledge of CPU software development using object-oriented languages
- GPU software development using object-oriented languages
- The application of current software test methodologies for embedded devices and cloud-based systems
We know this is a long list of requirements - if you have some but not all of the skills, please reach out to us to determine your fit
All Nyriad staff will be provided with breakfast and dinner should you need to work late - free snacks and coffee are also part of the deal! We also provide many health and fitness opportunities which our staff are welcome to take part in. You can learn more about our company at Nyriad.com
This position is located in Cambridge NZ. If you are interested in working at a fast-growing company on next generation technologies, this is the place for you.