We are seeking a molecular biologist with experience in the optimization of biochemical processes. You will join the growing team developing our enzymatic DNA synthesis technology, based in the Cambridge Science Park. This role would suit a keen and enthusiastic, recently qualified MSc or PhD graduate who is energised by solving biological and biochemical problems. To thrive in this role you should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, willing to take on responsibility, and excited to engage with the team to solve important challenges.
We are looking for a highly driven individual to:
- Help drive the biochemical aspects of Nuclera's technology forwards
- Undertake rigorous optimization of biochemical processes
- Carry out lab-based molecular biology experiments
To meet these challenges, the candidate will need to:
- Have a strong interest in synthetic biology and DNA synthesis
- Hold a MSc or Ph.D. in a relevant field with greater than 2 years of academic or industrial research experience
- Have significant experience in molecular biology techniques
- Demonstrate expertise in experimental design, interpretation of data, and troubleshooting
- Work closely with a multi-disciplinary scientific team
Experience/knowledge in the following areas would be advantageous:
- Lab automation instruments
- Protein characterization
- Protein-DNA interactions
Nuclera is a next-generation DNA synthesis company creating solutions for the synthetic biology, enzyme engineering, and pharmaceutical industries. Our enzyme-mediated DNA synthesis platform will enable the rapid and cost-effective production of highly accurate, ultra-long DNA products. We are building a benchtop synthesis instrument capable of making long-length variant DNA and genome libraries for protein, biological pathway, and ultimately genome-scale engineering.