Contract: Minimum 2 years
Start date: As soon as possible
Location: Montreal/Toronto (Not remote)
Data Architect Job Description:
Our client is searching for a meticulous and experienced Data Architect to join their IT team.
Your central responsibility as the Data Architect will be to design, optimize and oversee the development of a
full-scale enterprise data repository solution.
Your duties will include preparing detailed architecture documentation, supporting the design, development, monitoring the system, and supervising system migrations.
To succeed in this role, you should know how to examine new data system requirements and implement
migration models. The ideal candidate will also have proven experience in data analysis and management, with excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Design and implement effective database solutions and models to store and retrieve company data.
- Examine and identify database structural necessities by evaluating client operations, applications, and use cases.
- Assess database implementation procedures to ensure they comply with internal and external regulations.
- Install and organize information systems to guarantee enterprise functionality.
- Prepare accurate database design and architecture artifacts for management and delivery teams.
- Oversee the migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions.
- Design solutions to monitor the system performance by performing regular tests and implement
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing database systems.
- Educate delivery teams through training and individual support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant field.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Understand of IT systems development lifecycle.
- Strong knowledge of database structure systems and data mining.
- Experienced in data governance, information security, data modeling and metadata management in an enterprise setting.
- Experience using a leading data modeling tool is a plus (ex. Erwin, ER Studio).
- Experienced in both SQL and No SQL databases (Oracle, Microsoft SQL, ..)
- Experience designing and developing data integration techniques (e.g., data ingestion, data transformation, data replication, messaging, data synchronization, data virtualization, stream data integration).
- Working knowledge of predictive analysis and data visualization techniques (e.g. MS Power BI, Tableau
- Familiar with business process modeling and analysis methodologies.
- Solid understanding of and deep experience with virtualization technologies (e.g., VMWare, Docker)
- Familiar with SQL or Oracle database administration (Backup, Restore, Tuning, Monitoring, Management).
- Familiar with CI/CD automation.
- Experience reading, writing, or modifying PowerShell and Bash scripts.
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities.
- Outstanding problem solver.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Nuagem is a dedicated talent acquisition firm of North America specializing in information technology. We are rapidly expanding into new markets with the diversified team of recruiters aimed to help our clients explore new opportunities and hidden talents. We leverage our networking skills to make client’s experience better in finding right people.
Please send your resume at: email@example.com@nuagem.ca
Be a part of Nuagem today and find your tribe!!!!