Position: Cath Lab Rad Tech
Location: Eureka, California
Schedule: Full time, 80 hours bi-weekly
Shift: 10 hour, Day
Under general direction of the Department Manager and/or Lead Technologist, and in collaboration with the Medical Director of the Cath Lab, cardiologists, radiologists, and other medical staff, the Cardiovascular/ Interventional Imaging Technologist is responsible for the performance of advance cardiovascular and interventional imaging procedures. Serves as a customer service representative to patients, their families, the public, and the medical staff. Participates in quality assurance and organizational improvement activities. Provides age-appropriate care (e.g. assists with data collection and providing care) for adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Reads and interprets written materials such as prescriptions, physician’s orders, policies and procedures, safety regulations, and highly technical equipment operating instructions. Interprets and processes a variety of clinical/technical information presented in written, verbal, waveform, graphical, or diagram format.
- Speaks and writes effectively. Writes routine reports, clinical notes, and memoranda.
- Applies advanced algebraic concepts in the calculation of valve areas, pressure gradients, ejection fraction, shunts, and cardiac output with a high degree of accuracy.
- Solves complex problems and deals effectively with situations where no standardization exists.
- Must possess excellent critical thinking skills.
- Concentrates on details in a busy, stressful and distracting environment.
- Graduate of a program in radiologic technology approved by the Committee on Allied Health Education & Accreditation of the American Medical Association.
- A minimum of two years recent experience in a hospital-based imaging department or recent experience in a hospital based Cath lab performing interventional cardiology or recent graduate of a Bachelor’s program in radiologic technology with cardiac externship.
- Current licensure as a Certified Radiologic Technologist by the State of California is required- (AART).
- CA Fluoroscopy license is required.
- Current CPR required.
- ACLS required within 120 days of hire.
- Advanced registration by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists in cardiovascular and interventional imaging (CV-I) preferred.
- Advanced computer skills related to equipment operation are essential. Staff members who treat patients of a specific age group must be aware of the regulatory and accreditation requirements specific to the adolescent, adult and geriatric patient populations.
Nuagem is a dedicated talent acquisition firm of North America specializing in information technology. We are rapidly expanding into new markets with the diversified team of recruiters aimed to help our clients explore new opportunities and hidden talents. We leverage our networking skills to make client’s experience better in finding right people.
Please send your resume at: email@example.com
Be a part of Nuagem today and find your tribe!!!!