Position: CDL A Transport Driver
Location: Muskegon, MI
Salary: $19.00–$21.00 / hr
- The driver loads, transports, and delivers products such as various grades of gasoline, diesel fuel, and kerosene to assigned/designated establishments that resell these products to the general public.
- Products are loaded at terminals onto a compartmentalized tanker from which they are distributed.
- Delivery routes are regional and intrastate but require traveling long distances from a designated reporting location to loading terminals, then to delivery locations followed by return trip(s) to a loading terminal with the possibility of making additional deliveries prior to return to the reporting location; this represents a scheduled daily routine directed via centralized dispatching.
- Transport Drivers are subject to Hours of Service and logging requirements pursuant to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and are responsible for maintaining a daily record of hours, miles driven, and locations; An incumbent is subject to regulations governing the operation and maintenance of Underground Storage Tanks and is identified as having Class C responsibility for compliance with U.S.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) regulations.
- They clean, service, and maintain tractor and trailer components; the driver performs minor maintenance and makes minor equipment adjustments as necessary.
- Performs daily pre- and post-trip inspections of tractor and trailer and maintains required DOT reports.
- Must have ability to read, write, and follow directions.
- Operates under specific detailed instructions referring changes in schedules or problems to supervision but must have the capability to make independent judgments.
- Has the ability to verbally communicate and understand details and directions and adhere to all Safety/DOT Regulations.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License with air brake, tanker, and hazardous materials endorsements.
- Class C Training in compliance with EPA and MDEQ regulations.
- Must be 21 years old, as required by DOT regulations in order to legally haul hazardous materials.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee drives a tandem tractor-trailer rig long distances to terminals to load product and to make trips to unloading points to dispense product.
- All travel is intrastate.
- The employee is regularly expected to work near moving parts, fumes, or airborne particles, outdoor weather conditions, and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Physical demands of this job require prolonged periods of driving and maneuvering a combination tractor-trailer rig and exertion of lifting, pulling, connecting hoses to load and dispense product.
- Physical effort is exerted on a routine, frequent basis.
- Activities at commercial delivery sites may involve maneuvering rig, working around obstructions, and pulling hoses long distances.
- Adverse weather conditions may involve extreme heat, rain, and deep snow.
- A driver must have the agility and strength to climb ladders to load and unload product and for frequent ingress/egress to and from the truck cab; a driver must occasionally climb onto the top of the truck’s tank compartment to clear fuel lines and for access to tank components for loading/unloading product compartments.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to spend long hours driving, maneuvering a combination tractor-trailer rig, also to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands or arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to seventy five (75) pounds.
Nuagem is a dedicated talent acquisition firm of North America specializing in information technology. We are rapidly expanding into new markets with the diversified team of recruiters aimed to help our clients explore new opportunities and hidden talents. We leverage our networking skills to make client’s experience better in finding right people.
Please send your resume at: firstname.lastname@example.org@nuagem.ca
Be a part of Nuagem today and find your tribe!!!!