Position: Specialty Procedure Technologist
Location: Clackamas, Oregon
40h/week - Day shift
5000$ Sign on bonus!
Assists credentialed provider with all diagnostic, interventional and therapeutic procedures within the cardiac and vascular laboratory environments.
Performs all duties in a manner that promotes teamwork and reflects our mission and philosophy goals.
Works under direct supervision of a credentialed provider.
- Monitors radiation safety and completes the necessary administrative tasks to ensure proper documentation and compliance.
- Actively performs quality assurance functions of x-ray equipment and protective garments/ accessories, trouble shoots equipment problems and initiates vendor service call.
- Assists hospital radiation safety officer in survey and compliance documentation for the CVLs.
- Familiarity with use of IVUS machine and Site Rite ultrasound machine.
- Familiarity with PACS image retrieval for presentation during active cases.
- Serves as scrub assistant or monitor/recorder for cardiology and radiology studies.
- Prepares and position patients for invasive procedures.
- Assists with cardiovascular tests and record patients' hemodynamic activity using specialized electronic test equipment, recording devices and laboratory instruments.
- Obtains hemostasis at arterial and venous access sites post-procedure, including removal of sheaths and safe management of hemostatic devices.
- Sets up, maintains and troubleshoots Intra Aortic Balloon Pump when required.
- Recognizes cardiac arrhythmias and hemodynamic waveforms and alerts credentialed provider and other team members during procedures and according to protocol.
- Administers intra-coronary and/or intra-arterial medications under direct supervision of the physician.
- Prepares and maintains sterile field using aseptic technique for testing.
- Prepares, maintains, and operates hemodynamic and monitoring equipment.
- Performs basic and advanced life support when required, including defibrillation.
- Maintains proficiencies to perform point of care tests on lab equipment such as activated clotting time (ACT), oxygen saturations,&glucose testing, and arterial blood gases (ABG).
- Performs patient teaching of procedures.
- Works on call and is required to respond on-site within 30 minutes of call.
- Restocks supplies, maintains clean work area; file room work area.
- Assists with transportation of patients.
- Minimum twelve (12) continuous month's of cardiac cath lab, EP, and/or Special procedures work experience within the last three (3) years.
- Successful completion of an accredited program in radiologic technology (ARRT).
License, Certification, Registration
- Board of Medical Imaging License in state where assigned
- American Registry of Radiological Technologist (ARRT)
- Must obtain advanced certification in Vascular Interventional Radiography (VI), or Cardiac Interventional Radiography (CI), or CCI - Registered Cardiac Invasive Specialist (RCIS), or Registered Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES) within 12 months of hire date.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required within 30 days of hire/transfer.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required within 60 days of hire/transfer.
• Proof of continuing education to maintain registry.
• Demonstrates customer-focused service skills.
• Ability to use and apply excellent communication and interpersonal skills with peers and administration.
• Performs all functions at a high level of competence without direct supervision.
• Must be able to comply with departmental policy for 30-minute response time for after-hour call backs.
• Two (2) years of recent EP, interventional cardiac, and/or vascular lab experience.
• Recent prior angio/cath lab experience.
• Organization skills, time management, prioritization, planning; attention to detail; problem solving, decision making, judgment; technical skills; initiative; communication, interpersonal skills, customer relations, organizational relations.
• Adaptability; flexibility.
• Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) - Registered Cardiac Invasive Specialist (RCIS), or Registered Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES), or The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Cardiac-Interventional Radiography (ARRT-CI) or Vascular-Interventional Radiography (ARRT-VI).
• EKG Rhythm / Dysrhythmia Recognition.
Nuagem is a dedicated talent acquisition firm of North America specializing in information technology. We are rapidly expanding into new markets with the diversified team of recruiters aimed to help our clients explore new opportunities and hidden talents. We leverage our networking skills to make client’s experience better in finding right people.
Please send your resume at: email@example.com
Be a part of Nuagem today and find your tribe!!!!