Position: Engineer II - Electrical Power Systems - Security clearance required
Location: Boulder, CO
NATIONWIDE RELOCATION AVAILABLE
Engineer II – Electrical Power Systems (Clearance Required)
This position is for an experienced spacecraft power system engineer who can support a team through the design phase, perform analysis, support the production phase, support the test phase and support the operation phase for a spacecraft power subsystem.
What You’ll Do
- Support the development of power systems architectures (power generation, power storage and power distribution and control), requirements, power system concepts and power simulations.
- Be a team member for a spacecraft bus or space vehicle.
- Analyze power system sizing and performance.
- Support hardware development teams.
- Support integration and test, and launch and operations.
- Support subcontract management.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current Top Secret/SCI security clearance is required.
- Minimum of 3 years direct experience in spacecraft Electrical Power Subsystem Engineering or Electrical Power Test or Electrical Power Spacecraft Operations.
- A desire to learn - our culture fosters intellectual curiosity.
- A strong technical foundation – people who flourish behave like owners
- Detailed knowledge or classroom work relating to the following is highly desired: Lithium Ion batteries, solar arrays, power control, power conversion/regulation, power distribution, charge control methods, high voltage (>100V), direct energy transfer architectures, regulated power system architectures and power fault protection.
- Experience or awareness with power simulation tools is highly desirable (e.g., PSPICE, SABER, MATLAB, MMPAT).
- Experience with defining, developing and delivering space qualified hardware is highly desired.
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Effectiveness in small team work environment with broad responsibilities.
- Capable of performing solar array, battery, power conversion/distribution sizing and performance analysis is highly desired.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between our client's campuses and other possible non-client locations may be required.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Our client is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Successful candidate will have completed a government national security clearance investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
*U.S. Citizenship is Required.
By applying to this position you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire, if one is required, to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Our is subject to regular audits to ensure workers meet minimum qualifications for the programs on which they work. As such, our client cannot consider candidates who do not meet 100% of the minimum qualifications listed in the job description.
Nuagem is a dedicated talent acquisition firm of North America specializing in information technology. We are rapidly expanding into new markets with the diversified team of recruiters aimed to help our clients explore new opportunities and hidden talents. We leverage our networking skills to make client’s experience better in finding right people.
Please send your resume at: email@example.com@nuagem.ca
Be a part of Nuagem today and find your tribe!!!!