Position: Medical Technologist II
Location: Deland, FL
EVENING SHIFT: start time is anytime between 5pm and 7pm to 3am and 5am;
4 days per week (10 hr shifts)
Every other Saturday w/an add'l day off that week.
The Technologist II, Medical (Lab) position performs complex laboratory procedures following established laboratory policy and procedures; reports test results, monitors workflow, and manages instrumentation maintenance. Evaluates and ensures compliance with service guarantees and specimen quality requirements. This position reports to the Manager/Supervisor, Laboratory (Lab)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs essential duties of MT I independently
- Performs training and competency assessments for all TM’s and may act as a preceptor
- Identifies and recommends process improvement opportunities
- a. Assists in evaluation of new and existing test methodologies, new and current equipment
- b. Assists in the development and compliance of policies and procedures
- Assists sup/mgr/designee to monitor workflow and ensure adequate resources
- Assists sup/mgr/designee in ensuring inspection readiness
- Assists with inventory to ensure adequate supplies
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 2-4 years
- Bachelor’s Degree
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, TRAINING OR QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor degree in Medical Technology, Biological Sciences or related field (Required)
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft office (Required)
- Six (6) years plus experience is required to work un-supervised (Required)
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
- Current State of Florida license as a technologist in the related specialty (Required)
- Current Florida Technologist license in multi-specialty (Preferred)
- Certified by a professional laboratory certifying agency (i.e. ASCP, AMT) (Preferred)
Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to successfully perform the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
Vision adequate to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of position.
May be required to demonstrate the ability to differentiate colors on a test strip.
Physical requirements can vary. These must be reviewed with management. However, in general, the position requires the following activities:
Ability to lift minimum of 5 lbs to a max of 50 lbs unassisted and able to stand, sit, stoop, walk, stretch, reach, and use full range of body motions.
Manual dexterity as required for specific equipment and ability to use computer keyboard and peripherals.
Level I – Job required tasks routinely involve a potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with
blood, body fluids, tissues or potential spills or splashes. Use of appropriate personal protection
measures is required for every healthcare provider in these positions. Exposure or potential
exposure may be required as a condition of employment. Normal hazards associated with frequent
business travel by car.
Our client provides reasonable accommodations to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential Physical and/or Mental functions of a position.
About our client's Laboratories
Our client's Labs is a state-of-the-art clinical laboratory delivering timely, accurate lab results focused primarily on kidney care with a relentless commitment to quality. They serve more than 180,000 patients and perform 52 million renal tests annually. They make a difference. They enjoy what they do. Their teammates are best in class professionals who enjoy a challenging yet rewarding work environment where fun and hard work intermingle every day. From their laboratory professionals to their support roles, our client's labs not only offers a career to fit each individual, it provides a community and a place to call home. As a labs teammate, you become a member of their community and you also become a citizen of something bigger, something great, and something unique.
Nuagem is a dedicated talent acquisition firm of North America specializing in information technology. We are rapidly expanding into new markets with the diversified team of recruiters aimed to help our clients explore new opportunities and hidden talents. We leverage our networking skills to make client’s experience better in finding right people.
Please send your resume at: email@example.com@nuagem.ca
Be a part of Nuagem today and find your tribe!!!!