Position: RN - Day Surgery Pre and Post
Location: Seattle, Washington
$10,000 Sign-on Potential - For Externals Only + Relocation available
Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse (1.0 FTE, Days) to work in the Pre and Post Unit at Swedish Ballard in Seattle, WA.
The PPACU (Pre/Post Anesthesia Care Unit) Registered Nurse (RN) assumes leadership, responsibility and accountability for designated patients in the pre-operative and post-operative, phase II recovery care units.
In this position you will:
- Provide triage assessment, nursing diagnosis and evaluating all aspects of nursing care.
- Assess patient prior to procedure, reviewing patient identification, consent, physical and psychological health status, allergies, and readiness for surgery.
- Review data collected, pertinent health history, physician orders, and patient needs to formulate and prioritize a plan of care.
- Monitor patient vital signs, adapting readily to changing situations.
- Provide for patient safety throughout the PACU II experience.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Licensed as Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader
- Current Basic Life Support Certification (BLS)
- Current ACLS certification
- PALS within 60 days of hire
- 12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility
About the Ballard Campus
Swedish's Ballard campus maintains its strong ties to the Ballard community and fosters a team-oriented work environment. The Ballard campus has an active obstetrics program and a full-service Emergency Department. It is the site of Swedish’s Addiction Recovery Services — one of the few hospital-based drug- and alcohol-treatment programs in Seattle.
Nuagem is a dedicated talent acquisition firm of North America specializing in information technology. We are rapidly expanding into new markets with the diversified team of recruiters aimed to help our clients explore new opportunities and hidden talents. We leverage our networking skills to make client’s experience better in finding right people.
Please send your resume at: firstname.lastname@example.org@nuagem.ca
Be a part of Nuagem today and find your tribe!!!!