Position: Manager - CloudOps/DevOps
Location: Montreal, QC
Manager of CloudOps/DevOps
Our client is looking for an experienced CloudOps/DevOps Manager to help continue deliver outstanding experiences to their customers. We're looking for an ambitious individual with strong leadership and teamwork skills who can excel in a start-up environment. The candidate must be self-motivated and can maintain a positive and professional attitude.
- Manage a team of Cloud and DevOps engineers
- Take ownership of the cloud-based infrastructure
- Working with the IT teams to architect and build continuous integration and delivery model in order to support agile release process of the company's platform.
- Determining the appropriate services based on compute, data, or security requirements
- Design and implement monitoring, data collection and configuration management and infrastructure automation, with a strong focus on security, reliability and repeatability in a cloud-native environment
- Enhance availability, performance, stability and security of services as well as automating away repetitive work.
- Respond to alerts and investigate issues in a live production environment
- Execute disaster recovery planning, capacity engineering and reliability improvement initiatives and platform automation.
- Provide performance tuning/recommendations for components and services
- Collaborate with team members to improve engineering tools, systems, procedures and information security
- Conduct systems tests for security, performance, scalability and availability
- Develop and maintain design, troubleshooting and operations documentation
- Identify and address security threats and vulnerabilities
- Define and implement CloudOps reports and dashboards
- Estimating usage costs and identifying operational cost control mechanisms\
- Where required, partner with clients’ and/or vendors’ technology teams to ensure the overall success of Cloud Operations projects
Education & Skills required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field
- 5+ years experience as a CloudOps/DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role
- Previous experience managing a team required
- Expertise with AWS services and tools
- Experience with serverless and microservice architectures in the cloud
- Expertise with cloud native CI/CD tools and processes.
- Deep understanding of security in cloud environments
- High Proficiency with Linux systems, shell scripting and the Unix toolbelt
- Understanding of the various networking components/protocols of the web: HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, TLS certificates, load balancers, etc.
- Experience with Docker as well as container management systems like ECS, Kubernetes
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools such as CloudFormation, Terraform, Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Experience in network, server, and application monitoring
- Strong expertise in software development methodologies
- Candidate must be able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to collaborate with members of the technical and non-technical teams and to convey technical concepts clearly and concisely
- Strong problem-solving skills including the ability to analyze, research and review complex data to propose solutions
Nuagem is a dedicated talent acquisition firm of North America specializing in information technology. We are rapidly expanding into new markets with the diversified team of recruiters aimed to help our clients explore new opportunities and hidden talents. We leverage our networking skills to make client’s experience better in finding right people.
Please send your resume at: email@example.com@nuagem.ca
Be a part of Nuagem today and find your tribe!!!!