Position: Manager, Major Surgery
Location: South Bend, IN
- JOB SUMMARY
- Reports to the Director, Executive Director of Patient Care Services or Vice President of Nursing.
- Manages staff providing patient care services and the daily operations of the department.
- Contributes to the development/revision of policies, procedures, protocols and standards of care.
- Serves as the nursing leader for designated shift of the department and acts as a liaison with other departments.
- MISSION & VISION
- Mission: To enhance the physical, mental and emotional well-being of the communities we serve as the community’s provider of outstanding quality, superior value and comprehensive health care services.
Vision: Our vision is to achieve:
- Innovative health care and well-being services of the highest quality at the greatest value
- Easy access and convenience
- Outstanding patient experiences
- Ongoing education involving physicians, patients and the community
- JOB SPECIFICATIONS
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing required.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Indiana
- A minimum of 3 years job related experience including 1 year of leadership experience also required.
- Knowledge & Skills
- Requires knowledge of nursing care practices, equipment, procedures and techniques utilized within the department.
- Requires working knowledge of department policies, procedures and practices.
- Demonstrates solid management skills needed to provide effective direction and manage the effective utilization of resources; also requires the ability to promote teamwork.
- Requires the interpersonal and communication skills necessary to build and maintain effective working relationships and interact in a highly effective manner with all levels of staff. Also requires the ability to disseminate information in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrates excellent planning and organization skills necessary for project planning and to coordinate the activities of diverse groups of individuals.
- Requires a strong customer service orientation.
- Working Conditions
- Works in a patient care environment requiring physical exertion, frequent changes in job demands, certain undesirable patient care activities and possible exposure to bio-hazards.
- Requires schedule flexibility due to the department’s 24 hours per day, 7 days per week operation.
- At risk for occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens.
- Physical Demands
- Requires the physical ability and stamina to perform the essential functions of the position.
Nuagem is a dedicated talent acquisition firm of North America specializing in information technology. We are rapidly expanding into new markets with the diversified team of recruiters aimed to help our clients explore new opportunities and hidden talents. We leverage our networking skills to make client’s experience better in finding right people.
Please send your resume at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be a part of Nuagem today and find your tribe!!!!