Position: Assistant Nurse Manager- Med Surg
Location: Oakland, California
Salary: $182,000–$188,000 / yr
Full time - night shift
Manages activities of the unit(s), monitors quality, service and utilization standards. Supervises the day to day shift activities.
- Manages the units day to day clinical operations including practice standards, staffing, payroll, budgets, fiscal management, and quality improvement. Ensures the highest quality of care is provided and is in compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and established departmental policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements action plans to improve staff development. Supervises a single unit (8 to 24 hours) of approximately 20 - 60+ employees.
- Monitors the allocation and utilization of personnel based on continual changes in patient population/needs and provides the best level of patient care while identifying savings opportunities.
- Supervises the daily unit operations, including human resources management, department and employee safety programs, and risk management.
- Monitors the quality of service and utilization standards and assumes specific responsibility for patient care at the unit level. Ensures coordinated plans of treatment, customer focused care and cost effective utilization of services.
- Works with health care providers outside of the unit, to achieve optimal patient care across the continuum. Researches, identifies, and implements best practice models of other units. Investigates and resolves patient/family member concerns regarding patient care.
- Our cient conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, our client reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Current or recent inpatient Med Surg/Acute care experience as RN
- Leadership experience
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- High school diploma OR General Education Diploma (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license by date of hire.
- Current BLS certification required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement, clinical care delivery processes, staffing, & budgeting.
- Knowledge of Nursing Practice Act, The Joint Commission & other federal, state, & local regulatory requirements.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- PALS certification may be required for positions in specific departments.
- ACLS certification strongly preferred.
- BSN or bachelor's degree in health care related field preferred.
Travel:Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level:Team Leader/Supervisor
Nuagem is a dedicated talent acquisition firm of North America specializing in information technology. We are rapidly expanding into new markets with the diversified team of recruiters aimed to help our clients explore new opportunities and hidden talents. We leverage our networking skills to make client’s experience better in finding right people.
Please send your resume at: firstname.lastname@example.org@nuagem.ca
Be a part of Nuagem today and find your tribe!!!!