A Freelance Developer with a demonstrated ability to engineer a custom WordPress theme, based off designs from our design department, utilizing both back and frontend technologies. You’ll work off our in-house custom theme to develop websites on tight deadlines.
A motivated, self-directed developer, able to quickly pick up new technologies and work with our custom in-house theme. You’re well aware of cross-browser bugs and how to code for older browsers.
- Have expertise building complex layouts with CSS and HTML
- Translate Sketch designs into highly-customized, client-friendly WordPress themes utilizing ACF (Advanced Custom Fields)
- Be required to sign an NDA as some of our clients are confidential
- Not be able to feature some work as part of a portfolio
- 3+ years of real world experience as a developer
- Strong UX and design sensibilities, and a desire to sweat the small stuff
- Strong understanding of the WordPress core, loop, filters, API, and various internal functions
- Experience working with SVGs
- Familiarity with Bootstrap 4, Git, and CodeKit
- A keen eye for design and the ability to translate Sketch/Photoshop designs into pixel-perfect, responsive code
- Strong organization, communication, and documentation skills, and a methodical approach to all tasks
You May Have
- A degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent education experience
- Experience building your own WordPress plugins
- Possibly contributed to the WordPress Core
- This is a freelance, remote position, however you are welcome to work on-site at our studio in Manhattan’s South Street Seaport neighborhood
- Payment is competitive and commensurate with experience
How to Apply
Provide your resume, a link to your GitHub profile, and any other relevant information. To confirm you read this job posting thoroughly, please be sure to tell us all about your favorite homemade meal as a kid.
We are seeking individuals. No recruiters, agencies, or offshore firms.