Clearance Type: TS/SCI
Applicants MUST be United States Citizens who have a TS/SCI (or better) level of security clearance.
- Exhibit Lean-Agile leadership: Exhibit the behaviors of a Lean-Agile Leader with a Lean-Agile Mindset. Help the team embrace Lean-Agile Values, adopt and apply Lean-Agile Principles, and implement Lean-Agile practices.
- Support the team rules: Reinforce the lightweight Agile Team rules including rules of Scrum, Built-In Quality practices from Extreme Programming (XP), Work in Process (WIP) limits from Kanban, and any other process rules the team has agreed upon.
- Facilitate the team’s progress toward team goals: Continuously challenge the old norms of development to improve performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow, and velocity. Help the team focus on daily and Iteration Goals in the context of current Program Increment (PI) Objectives.
- Lead team efforts in relentless improvement: Help the team improve and take responsibility for their actions; facilitate the team retrospective. Teach problem-solving techniques and help the team become better problem-solvers for themselves.
- Facilitate meetings: Facilitate (not lead) team meetings, including (where applicable) the Daily Stand-up, Iteration Planning, Iteration Review, and Iteration Retrospective.
- Support the Product Owner: Help the Product Owner in their efforts to manage the backlog and guide the team while facilitating a healthy team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope.
- Eliminate impediments: Actively addresses blocking issues so that the team can remain focused on achieving the objectives of the Iteration.
- Promote SAFe quality practices: Help foster the culture of technical discipline and craftsmanship that is the hallmark of effective Agile teams. Provide guidance to assist the teams in constantly improving the quality of their deliverables and meeting the Definition of Done (DoD).
- Build a high-performing team: Focus on ever-improving team dynamics and performance. Help the team manage interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth. Escalate people problems to management where necessary, but only after internal team processes have failed to resolve the issue; help individuals and teams through personnel changes.
- Protect and communicate: Communicate with management and outside stakeholders; help protect the team from uncontrolled expansion of work.
- Coordinate with other teams: Represent the team in the Scrum of Scrums (SoS) meeting, and pass information from that meeting back to the team. Coordinate with the System Team, User Experience, Architecture, and Shared Services.
- Facilitate preparation and readiness for ART events: Assist the team in preparation for ART activities, including PI Planning, System Demos, and the Inspect and Adapt.
- Support estimating: Guide the team in establishing normalized estimates and helps the team understand how to estimate Stories and Features.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Must have an active Secret clearance and be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- 8+ years of directly relevant experience
- 3-5 years of Agile delivery experience and recent hands-on experience as a successful Scrum Master
- Strong problem solving and influencing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills
- Experience working with various audiences, both technical and non-technical
- Experience working on software development teams and understand both SDLC and Agile Framework
- Experience working with Agile methodologies such as Scrum, Extreme Programming, Kanban
- Proficient in using Jira.
- Experience working with Agile tools including Confluence
- Domain knowledge in Cyber Security
- Working knowledge in various technologies to include Cloud Computing, Big Data, DevSecOps, and Automation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related degree. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
- Agile certification such as Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified or Professional Scrum Trainer (CST, PST), or PMI’s Agile Certified Professional
- SAFe certified Scrum Master (SSM or SASM)
- DoD 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level II
Node.Digital is an independent Digital Automation & Cognitive Engineering company that integrates best of breed technologies to accelerate business impact.
Our Core Values help us in our mission. They include:
OUR CORE VALUES
**Identifying the~RIGHT PEOPLE~and developing them to their full capabilities**
**Our customer’s “Mission” is our “Mission”. Our~MISSION FIRST~approach is designed to keep our customer fully engaged while becoming their trusted partner**
**We believe in~SIMPLIFYING~complex problems with a relentless focus on agile delivery excellence**
**Our mantra is “~Simple*Secure*Speed~”in delivery of innovative services and solutions**