Location: Dulles, VA
Node with its prime is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission-critical development and sustainment program. We are looking for a Systems Engineer for Dulles, Virginia locations.
Applicants MUST be United States Citizens who have a TS/SCI (or better) level of security clearance.
10+ years of progressively responsible experience in design, implementation and administration for hardware and systems portfolios.
- Proficient at building, maintaining, managing and monitoring servers running Linux
- Working technical knowledge of Linux operating systems including RHEL and Ubuntu.
- Knowledge and experience of Application and Security protocols, such as Solarwinds, HBSS, Certificates & Tokens, RSA, McAfee SIEM, McAfee SIEM, McAfee IPS/IDS, Rubrik Host Backup System, SAN storage, and Active Directory
- Knowledge and experience in the design, implementation and support of VMware’s product line, including vSphere, vCloud, Director, View and SRM.
- Experience in working with highly hardened/secure environments
- Knowledge of the concepts and techniques of server architectures, hardware, and software.
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, IPSec, GRE tunnels, multicasting and traffic balancing techniques.
- Expert understanding of Internet routing, BGP, OSPF, Tunneling, Ethernet switching, Linux, and related networking technologies
- Strong communicator with the ability to work effectively across multiple business and engineering teams
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information
- High level of motivation, self-starter, ability to demonstrate effective project management and completion of complex network tasks with little guidance
- Excellent time management skills
Highly valued skill sets:
- Proficient and self-reliant in at least one modern scripting or programming language such as Python, and Go.
- Familiarity with systems configuration management, orchestration, and infrastructure as code with tools such as Ansible and/or Terraform
- Familiarity with networks
- Experience with VMWare or KVM
- Experience with public cloud offerings
- Experience as a system administrator for a Splunk cluster, or similar SIEM platform
- Install, configure, and maintain a SAN
- Install, configure, and maintain Active Directory
Education: Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM), or related STEM degree program from an Accredited University/School/College and 6 years of related work experience.
Node.Digital is an independent Digital Automation & Cognitive Engineering company that integrates best of breed technologies to accelerate business impact.
Our Core Values help us in our mission. They include:
OUR CORE VALUES
**Identifying the~RIGHT PEOPLE~and developing them to their full capabilities**
**Our customer’s “Mission” is our “Mission”. Our~MISSION FIRST~approach is designed to keep our customer fully engaged while becoming their trusted partner**
**We believe in~SIMPLIFYING~complex problems with a relentless focus on agile delivery excellence**
**Our mantra is “~Simple*Secure*Speed~”in delivery of innovative services and solutions**