Joining nmcn will open a door full of opportunities, where our people are nurtured for success and empowered to build their own adventure. We’re always adapting, evolving and innovating. Our purpose, culture and values are extremely important to us, along with the continued growth and opportunities for our people. We place people at the heart of what we do and aspire to be industry leading, with renewed focus on having a positive impact on everything we touch.
We work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
A vacancy has arisen for a Quality Manager, working on a highly critical, high value project within the Water Industry.
What you’ll be doing day to day
- Carry out on-site inspection of the works to ensure compliance with the specification & quality plan
- Carry out audit on pre-installation inspections /goods delivered and stored on site
- Maintain an outstanding works schedule (from ITF findings / pre-inspections)Agree “minimum accepted standard” for new works with supplier using sample panels / photos etc.
- Verification of minimum 5% of the ITF (overall target by the team 10%)
- Compile, maintain & close out snagging works in liaison with STW – provide weekly data /feedback to Quality Manager
- Attend supplier performance reviews
- Review of supplier ITPs/ ITFs in conjunction with PMs and SMs,
- Developing new ITFs where work arises which is not covered by the current suite.
- Coaching of our staff and subcontractors in completing / verifying ITFs, (civil & MEICA)
The experience we’re looking for in a candidate
- SMSTS or equivalent
- Previous experience within the Water Industry
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
- Able to work in a busy environment under pressure
- Excellent communication skills (email/phone/face to face)
- Possess a “can do” attitude and provide to support to other members of the team as required
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills
The personal attributes we're looking for in a candidate
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Proven influencing and negotiation skills to both internal and external stakeholders
- Self-starter who has experience of leading and managing functions
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company Car Scheme
- 5% pension contribution
- 3x salary life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday Trading
- Flexible working
- Free parking
- Perks at work (discount at High Street retailers)