Joining nmcn will open a door full of opportunities, where our people are nurtured for success and empowered to build their own adventure. We believe in your development, potentiality and growth. We aspire to be industry leading with renewed focus on having a positive impact on everything we touch.
We work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
An opportunity has arisen within nmcn Water for a Planner / Planning Engineer. Reporting to the Planning Manager. You will be required to develop and maintain a multidisciplinary Mechanical, Electrical & Civil Strategic programme of works with a key client. In addition, there will also be requirement to work with the Delivery Teams, Project and Site Managers, their engineering and construction teams to develop and update cost loaded and resourced programmes where required.
What you’ll be doing day to day
- Develop and maintain a strategic programme of works closely and collaboratively with a key client using Primavera P6.
- Liaise with senior stakeholders both internally and externally, collaboratively to update and convey the strategic programme output.
- Programme and Data manipulation to manage workflow including resource and cost levelling.
- Pro-active and forward looking to support stakeholders in strategic and management decisions.
- Address queries, and run “what if scenarios” in meetings if required by the client.
- Development of standalone multidisciplinary construction baseline project plans in collaboration with the project delivery teams when required.
- Ensuring client focused planning output including the adoption of Collaborative Planning (Internal delivery tool) where appropriate.
- Deliver programme output to a variety of levels, through reports and presentations.
- Identification and tracking of all changes or potential changes to the agreed scope, ensuring that the relevant contract principles are applied and that the impacts are given immediate visibility to appropriate stakeholders.
- Ensuring accurate and timely planning, including progress reporting, effective measurement of key dates and milestones, stretch targets and critical path analysis.
- Receiving and understanding of all project programme data and integrate all activities to mitigate potential resource and workface clashes.
- Ensuring Compliance with nmcn and the Clients Management Systems.
- Site Programme reviews to ensure accurate recording of progress where required.
- Managing programme to NEC contract terms where required.
The experience we’re looking for in a candidate
- Excellent communication and presenting skills at all levels, customer focused, personable, attentive, confident, active listener.
- Excellent IT skills and proficient in the use of Primavera P6 as well as other planning software MS Project, and or Asta Power Project (desirable).
- Excellent report writing and data analysis skills.
- The ability to calmly complete speedy real-time changes to cover “what if Scenarios” when required, (Client meetings).
- Excellent multidisciplinary construction knowledge (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Instrumentation and control) ideally in the water industry.
- A Site Management background is beneficial.
- Understanding engineering principles and ability to interpret 3D models and engineering drawings.
The personal attributes we're looking for in a candidate
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
- Self-starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution