Joining nmcn will open a door full of opportunities, where our people are nurtured for success and empowered to build their own adventure. We believe in your development, potentiality and growth. We aspire to be industry leading with renewed focus on having a positive impact on everything we touch.
We work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
We are currently looking to recruit a full time, dynamic and hardworking Storeman who is passionate about delivering outstanding customer service. You will be involved in the day-to-day running of the store’s facility and its contents for the Plymouth Capital delivery teams and control panel workshop.
What you’ll be doing day to day
- General stores admin including emails etc. I.e. computer literacy is imperative / communication skills essential.
- Managing stores area
- Run the internal stores including receiving orders, chasing originators of orders, putting stock on shelves, GRN’s, and keeping store tidy.
- Liaising with the project teams regarding availability of materials and internal plant
- Carrying out regular stock checks
- Operating the telehandler in the yard for deliveries and collections.
- Managing the yard area including waste skips etc (raising orders for emptying, arranging exchanges and GRN’s)
- Assist with general tasks around office.
- Being responsible for issuing/returning of tools, plant & materials held in our Plymouth office
- Maintaining the Asset register for plant/tooling.
The experience we’re looking for in a candidate
- Previous experience as Storeman (ideal but not essential)
- Knowledge of Mechanical and/or electrical materials (ideal but not essential
- IT/Computer Skills – Microsoft excel
- Self starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working