Joining nmcn will open a door full of opportunities, where our people are nurtured for success and empowered to build their own adventure. We believe in your development, potentiality and growth.
We aspire to be industry leading with renewed focus on having a positive impact on everything we touch. We work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
A vacancy has arisen for a Commercial Administrator based at our Plymouth Office. Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will support the regional office by providing assistance to the Quantity Surveyors in processing and distributing financial and commercial information.
What you’ll be doing day to day
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with regional office staff and labour.
- Processing weekly timesheets onto internal systems.
- Clearing GRN’s from internal systems.
- Issuing of applications and invoices as directed by the Quantity Surveyors and expediting outstanding cash
- Collation and distribution of monthly cost information
- Loading job costs onto database “cost to completes.”
- Subcontract procurement management including processing of subcontract payments through to Final Account.
- Assistance in managing the list of approved suppliers and subcontractors
- Provide commercial & financial support and undertake cost analysis
- Reviewing current procedures and working with the commercial and operational teams to strive for continuous improvement
- Ensure that the group commercial policies are adhered to
The role has potential for future development within a range of areas including quantity surveying and accountancy.
The personal attributes and experience we're looking for in a candidate
- Ability to anticipate problems and ensure early intervention
- Analytical and logical approach to problem solving
- A good level of competency of Microsoft packages
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
- Self starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution