Joining nmcn will open a door full of opportunities, where our people are nurtured for success and empowered to build their own adventure. We believe in your development, potentiality and growth. We aspire to be industry leading with renewed focus on having a positive impact on everything we touch.
We work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
An opportunity has arisen for a Health and Safety Advisor. You will be responsible for promoting Good Practice Health, Safety and Environmental performance across our sites.
What you’ll be doing day to day
- Raising the profile of Health, Safety and Environment on site
- Making general assessments of how sites and Operatives are working and behaving in relation to Health, Safety and Environmental working practices
- Adopting a “hands on” approach to coaching Heath, Safety and Environmental best practices with everyone on site
- Giving Heath, Safety and Environmental advice to Operatives and Managers
- Promoting use of the Positive Intervention and Near Miss reporting systems and ensuring timely close-out of corrective actions
- Promoting our culture of integrating Safety, Health and Environmental considerations into everyday processes
- Undertaking accident and incident investigations to identify causes and opportunities for improvement
- Holding Toolbox Talks for Operatives and Managers
- Accompanying Managers and other Safety Professionals on site tours to promote good practices, while advising them of your concerns and ensuring actions raised are closed out.
- Attend SHEQ meetings and partake in SHEQ conference calls
- Completing on-line SHEQ reports for each site visited with records of Good Practices seen, Immediate Corrective Actions completed and areas Requiring Attention with the agreed action and close out date; supported by photographs
- Contributing to the continual development of our SHEQ Strategy
The experience we’re looking for in a candidate
- Civil, Electrical, Mechanical and Instrumentation
- Training the EUSR SHEA and Hygiene cards
- NEBOSH General or Construction.
- CITB SMSTS
The personal attributes we're looking for in a candidate
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
- Self starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution