Joining nmcn will open a door full of opportunities, where our people are nurtured for success and empowered to build their own adventure. We believe in your development, potentiality and growth. We aspire to be industry leading with renewed focus on having a positive impact on everything we touch. We work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
We are proud to be launching our next intake of our future business leaders. As part of a 2 year development programme, we will help to shape your career in the way you envisage. This will include a 2 day induction event, that will help you break the ice with your peers on the programme and also offer an opportunity to get a full understanding of the history of nmcn and how the business operates. Whilst being fully mentored by members of the business, you will be provided with business capability workshops that are grounded on real life situations. You will also be an integral part of the department you are based in, ensuring that the work you will undertake, is adding value to the projects you will be working on.
As part of our Graduate intake, we are looking to bring in a Graduate IT Applications Developer. Your time will be spent based out of our Head Office in Huthwaite, Nottingham.
What will you be doing?
During your development and training, you will also be responsible for ensuring that tasks are completed on a varied workload of projects and change requests. We build, host and maintain the majority of our systems and applications; supporting our head offices and our teams out in the field. Our development teams are responsible for reviewing business requirements and translating these into business enhancing, mobile first, applications that we then build and implement in line with industry best practices and standards. We host our own cloud and manage our own infrastructure which enables us to be innovative and stay ahead in our industry.
Your typical daily tasks will include the following;
Working on business approved projects
- Interpret requirements into working code
- Liaising with operational teams to ensure successful delivery
- Working with Lead to develop UI and UX designs
- Provide accurate timescales and updates to Project Coordinator
- Communicate and escalate issues to Lead and Project Coordinator, where required
Supporting released projects for an outlined period
- Working with operational teams to understand ‘real’ errors and rectify accordingly
- Support the transition into support once project has moved into the production environment
- Follow the Secure Development Policy and Development Standards
- Work within a team
- Daily Stand-ups to track progress and be proactive with issues
- Expanding knowledge and experience of the systems used by nmcn Plc staff
What we are looking for in a candidate
We are looking for a high performing graduate who has a desire to excel in their chosen field. Someone who isn’t afraid to challenge the status quo and someone who is adept at solving problems and logical in their approach. We want someone who shares our values and someone who is looking to make a positive impact throughout their career. If this sounds like you then we want to hear from you.
What is on offer?
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- 2 year development programme
- Employee share scheme
- Life assurance
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)