Joining nmcn will open a door full of opportunities, where our people are nurtured for success and empowered to build their own adventure. We believe in your development, potentiality and growth. We aspire to be industry leading with renewed focus on having a positive impact on everything we touch.
We work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
An opportunity has arisen for a QESH Advisor working within our Telecoms business unit. Based out of Head Office in Huthwaite, you would be responsible for visiting sites across the East Midlands and South Yorkshire
What you’ll be doing day to day
- Provide accurate QESH advice and support to operational field delivery staff, including advising on CDM 2015 regulations, compliance as well as environmental issues. This will either be by direct support or use of available expertise within the business unit.
- Provide support and guidance to operational teams, management and customers on QESH performance and provide root cause analysis to aid relevant coaching and feedback.
- Drive the positive intervention reporting initiative and encourage near miss reporting
- Assist and support the QESH Manager in the preparation of internal and external reports
- Engage staff and contractors on QESH performance on a day to day basis and support the delivery of objectives and targets.
- Undertake audits of contract depots and staff on site, including out of hours if required.
- Assist and support with audits by internal and external bodies.
- Assist and support operational management to promote QESH at briefings and internal and external meetings.
- Assist operational personnel with incident investigation; provide advice, support and guidance on legal framework. Ensure that learning points are fed into QESH directorate for continued improvement of policy, standards etc.
- Undertake evaluations of existing and potential subcontractors, including annual auditing of sub-contractors management systems.
- Support local managers on the contact with QESH regulators (e.g. HSE, Local Authority, Environment Agency etc.) accompanying them on inspections, audits and responding to complaints and queries.
- Provide feedback on identified QESH risks and give advice regarding possible solutions and remedial actions.
- Provide feedback on identified risks and give advice regarding possible solutions and remedial actions.
- Work within and promote the philosophy of safe team working and development across all company activities to achieve business objectives and continuously improve performance.
- Engender and operate in a culture of zero tolerance of accidents and self-inflicted incidents
The experience we’re looking for in a candidate
- Working towards NEBOSH General, Construction Certificate or Environmental Certificate.
- Must hold NRSWA qualification(s)
- CITB SMSTS or IOSH Managing Safely.
- Must have previous construction experience in the utilities environment
- General construction environmental awareness.
- General construction quality awareness
- A positive approach to work
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Be IT literate with good presentation skills
The personal attributes we're looking for in a candidate
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional attitude to work
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
- Self starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines]
- Excellent IT Skills
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution