At nmcn we’re always adapting, evolving and innovating. Our vision and values are extremely important to us, along with the continued growth and opportunity for our people. We place people at the heart of what we do, and work in partnership with our clients and customers to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
We provide a complete service offering to the sectors we work in from conception to optimisation, delivering best value and innovation. Our 12 regional offices and workshops enable us to provide a local service to our customers promoting sustainable working relationships.
Joining nmcn will open a door full of opportunities, where our people are nurtured for success and empowered to build their own adventure. We believe in your development, potentiality and growth. We aspire to be industry leading with renewed focus on having a positive impact on everything we touch.
An opportunity has arisen for a Project Engineer. Reporting to the Contracts Manager, you will be responsible for the individual management of Mechanical / Electrical and Combined schemes predominately for the water industry, with a particular focus on quick turnaround/emergency repair works
What you’ll be doing day to day
- Outline engineering from inception to completion of schemes utilising in-house resources, site installation and construction personnel
- The timely completion of multiple concurrent projects, safely and within budget
- Liaise with client’s engineering and operations staff to ensure KPI’s are met or exceeded within budget constraints
- Attend internal and external review and progress meetings
- Attend site visits/meetings.
- Ascertain preliminary and detailed design/project requirements and solutions
- Prepare estimates and quotations
- Complete contract documentation
- Manage site safety, health and environmental issues
- Co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installations and construction teams
- Procurement of plant, materials and specialist subcontractors.
- Attend/undertake factory site and works testing, commissioning and client training
- Compile and collate final contract documentation, “As built” drawings, test sheets etc. for inclusion into operation and maintenance manuals
- Overall responsibility for Profit/Loss on contracts undertaken
- Establishing and agreeing price variations and final accounts
What we’re looking for in a candidate
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC/B.Eng or NVQ equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of working within the water and / or sewage industries with specific experience of reactive/call out type works
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Strong team player but also able to work as an individual
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
- Able to work in a busy environment under pressure
- Excellent communication skills (email/phone/face to face)
- Possess a “can do” attitude and provide to support to other members of the team as required
What we can offer you
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- 5% enhanced pension contribution
- 6 monthly salary reviews