Joining nmcn will open a door full of opportunities, where our people are nurtured for success and empowered to build their own adventure. We believe in your development, potentiality and growth. We aspire to be industry leading with renewed focus on having a positive impact on everything we touch.
We work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
An opportunity has arisen for a Procurement Analyst to support our Procurement and Supply Chain Team through world-class data analysis and reporting. We are a data driven team, and this role would suit someone who is passionate about demonstrating the value that the Procurement & Supply Chain function can deliver for the business; ensuring that value is delivered through production of dashboards, spend reports and category reporting and providing “one version of the truth” for the team.
What you’ll be doing day to day
- Support the procurement managers around data analysis and reporting requirements including category analysis, spend reporting and compliance management
- Work alongside the procurement managers to build strategy for savings and benefits projects, along with measures detailed analysis of project success, identifying any weakness or changes that are required
- Manage and track the savings and value targets for the team
- Analysis of spend through all purchase to pay routes to both allow strategic procurement decisions to be made with ease, and also ensure and track compliance to commercial policy.
- Reporting on Procurement’s span of control – identifying areas of opportunity for the Team to influence and deliver additional value.
- Keeping up-to-date on key commodity trends and reporting as appropriate
- Preparation of spend report data in support of category activities to facilitate improved negotiation planning, long term category strategies
- Produce a period dashboard for the team demonstrating progress against targets, risk profiles, Span of control and contract compliance.
- Liaise with finance to ensure the validity of the savings and demonstrate true value.
- Minimise risk to M&B by monitoring 3rd party and supplier performance against SLAs
- Use of D&B tools to carry out risk reporting
- Carry out where appropriate reviews of the Authorised Vendor List and make improvement recommendations
The experience we're looking for
- Experience of working in a procurement analyst role and dealing with large amounts of data.
- Experience of working with an SQL database
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills specifically in excel
- Be able to work in a strong team environment
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
- A desire to progress within the Procurement function
The personal attributes we're looking for
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
- Self starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution
Please note – we may have to close applications to this role sooner than anticipated based on the number of applications received.