Joining nmcn will open a door full of opportunities, where our people are nurtured for success and empowered to build their own adventure. We believe in your development, potentiality and growth. We aspire to be industry leading with renewed focus on having a positive impact on everything we touch.
We work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
Reporting to the Proposals Manager, the Estimator will work within the Proposals team processing tenders from receipt to submission.
Working for the Water Project Tender team, the position will involve working around the country with opportunities to work with several major clients. Although the position is based in Warrington, travel to all parts of the UK will be required to fulfil the role.
What you’ll be doing day to day
- Technical and commercial assessment of tender documentation.
- Identify potential risks and opportunities associated with the tender documents
- Quantify the extent of the works involved from tender documents including cable schedules and control requirements
- Identify and engage supply chain to maximise commercial opportunities and savings during the bids process
- Produce outline tender designs for pricing purposes and further development by design team including design sketches and calculations.
- Generate and manage technical sub-contract and supplier enquires.
- Commercial and technical review of supplier quotations for commercial and technical acceptability.
- Generate tendered cost schedule utilising established principals and costing mechanisms including labour and staffing allocations.
- Assessment of construction risk and creation of mitigation strategies.
- Create high quality tender submission document.
- Present tenders outputs to managers for commercial and technical approval.
- Prepare the commercial tender for submission to the Client
The experience we’re looking for in a candidate
- Experience in developing MEICA price build-ups from engineering design data and drawings
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC/B.Eng or NVQ equivalent or at least 5 year’s Estimating experience
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Experience of working in the water sector
The personal attributes we're looking for in a candidate
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
- Self starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution