Joining nmcn will open a door full of opportunities, where our people are nurtured for success and empowered to build their own adventure. We believe in your development, potentiality and growth. We aspire to be industry leading with renewed focus on having a positive impact on everything we touch.
We work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
Reporting to the site supervisor/site manager and coordinated by the Project Engineers, you will be responsible for the Electrical installation/maintenance on Water Treatment, Wastewater Treatment, Pumping Stations and Chemical Dosing Systems.
It should be noted that this role may require the successful applicant to participate in an ‘on-call’ rota to provide emergency breakdown attendance.
What you’ll be doing day to day
- Responsible for the Health & Safety of themselves & others.
- Carrying out the installation to the required standard and within the required time frame.
- Red-lining on site Issued for Construction drawings, marking them ‘As-Built’
- Innovate, providing suggestions and ideas to the Contract Engineer or Site Supervisor for improved project delivery
- Emergency call out fault finding
- Complete site documentation
- Check goods delivered to site are supplied as per order
- Identifying changes to the works information and reporting to the Contracts Engineer / Supervisor
The experience we’re looking for in a candidate
- Industrial electrical installation background
- Demonstrable experience of working within the water and / or sewage industries
- Testing & Inspection C&G 2394 an advantage but not a necessity
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical drawings and schematics
- 17/18th Edition wiring regulations to 7671 standards
- Experience on installation of SWA, Tray, Trunking, Plastic Conduit etc
- Knowledge of instrumentation used in the water industry
- An industry applicable ONC/NVQ equivalent
- ECS, SSSTS, Confined Space Training, EUSR (Clean Water Hygiene). Any training shortfalls will be provided
The personal attributes we're looking for in a candidate
- Awareness of site safety, health and environmental issues
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Commitment to a ‘right first-time approach’ regarding quality of installation
- Organised, structured and professional
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
- Self-starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance